(Lore/Story Stream) Tyrande's Demand and Elune's Assistance

Way off topic but they don’t? I was under the impression that was a cornerstone of pretty much all of them.

They do not, some religions don’t have gods, some religions have trickster and evil gods who are no less divine for not being trustworthy, some have pantheons of gods with varying levels of importance, and some have gods that we might think of as being some sort of spirit, and so on and so forth.

How different religions interact with their gods and spiritual beings is varied, and bargaining with or even making demands of gods is not exactly unheard of.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Careful there Treng, wouldn’t want to overexert that Orcish brain trying to understand.

She’s going to look quite the fool when she gets to the moon and finds out Elune teleported everyone there from Teldrassil.

3 Likes

I’m just curious if it would have worked in any expansion besides this one, given its undertones.

Well before now Tyrande didn’t really have any reason to doubt Elune so if she tried Elune probably have just incinerated her for making unjust demands.

Are you kidding me? Elune can turn a dead dragon that literally doesn’t matter anymore into a star system, but she can’t do it to Sargeras’s sword that is still killing the planet?

2 Likes

There isn’t really anything stopping Elune getting new followers elsewhere though… Not sure if Mu’sha is Elune or not, but we got hints at the Zandalari Balance druids get their from worshiping the moon. It could be like the Dark Troll situation all over again. (but no faction switches hopefully):pray:

Does she really need to intervene in that instance? The world over people and organizations are working to heal the planet. Maybe if it came down to it and they all failed she’d directly do something but…well…see Teldrassil.

No druid could handle a Death Knight.

NOT CANON.

1 Like

Not to get into an argument about power levels here but a sufficiently strong one like, say, Malfurion probably could. I imagine in non gameplay limited combat he’d be more like Poison Ivy and just wreck his enemy by exploding their body with a growing tree.

2 Likes

How can we remove the sword that’s bigger than mountains? What would we do with it if we pulled it out?

1 Like

Any prior expansion? Probably not, but only because things weren’t as bad as they are now. Even with the Horde pushing through Ashvenvale in cata they never got as far as sieging Teldrassil let alone destroying it. The last time the Nelves suffered a lost as tremendous as this one the world was shattered, and with how hard they’ve fought to protect Azeroth since then having a moment of wavering devotion when your goddess at best soothes the dying as they burn seems reasonable.

Elune not rebuking Tyrande also seems pretty reasonable, because at the end of the day what does she have outside the night elves? If she rebuked Tyrande and let the nelves perish or forsake her then, to again bring up the Azshara cinematic, she’d be the goddess of nothing.

2 Likes

Sargeras’s sword was/is killing the planet.

2 Likes

Do we need to remove it? I mean, most people assume the planet isn’t the literal body of the titan inside so if the wound is properly stabilized you could probably just leave it there.

Sargeras fell through Azeroth and saw her eye, and in so doing fell in love. That’s why he made the warlock artifact.

Does that necessarily mean the planet is her body? I mean, I go with that theory but a lot of people dismiss it because explaining what happens to us afterwards if the planet is an organic transformer is weird. Do we act as a standing army while she takes the fight to the enemy?

1 Like

I don’t know. My inclination is that she’s a stone lady being created inside of the planet. We know that mining Azerite, on the surface of the planet, is killing her though. The idea that her life force isn’t linked to Azeroth’s is thoroughly debunked.

1 Like

The sword will kill them eventually, the Horde is killing them now. The Kaldorei don’t really have an opportunity to doubt that Elune would show them a path to save Azeroth if she doesn’t save them from the Horde first.

1 Like