Lore Q&A is a gloatfest

It literally says in the blue post " Let us know in the comments below what story and lore discussion you’d like to hear, then join us live Thursday, January 10 at 11:00 a.m. PDT. "

18 Likes

This is exactly how it was advertised. It is not a Q&A. It is a discussion about the Lore and how it is created.

7 Likes

Okay that’s fair. Totally understandable. Just look at how confused twitch chat is also. It’s a significant amount of people confused on the purpose of this live stream then.

7 Likes

yeah basically…

As a dedicated Blizzard fan, I’m just going to quote this response on the MMO-Champ thread for the stream:

• What the hell are they even talking about?
  • Utter nonsense so it makes sense, it relates perfectly to the story.
10 Likes
5 Likes

I got more mixed signals from the contraindication of that post than a teenage boy does talking to a girl for the first time.

1 Like

Danuser also said what happens in books aren’t tied to what happens in game. So then why should players bother buying the books?

7 Likes

This pretty much.

Bann said in his thread post that they can’t go everywhere topic-wise cause of the possibility of spoilers given the content being discussed.

So… did they start making out?

6 Likes

On one hand, I get the frustration over lack of information that we don’t really know. There wasn’t too much to glean from this, and I don’t think they truly explained “the process” very well.

On the other hand it is super refreshing to see something other than a Q&A. This was their first time in a long time doing something outside of that, so I am still happy that they brought this to the table. I do think they can refine it. I will have more thoughts later probably.

1 Like

Stay tuned…

2 Likes

It just really seems like a big waste of time.

1 Like

Wait. This game has flow? And lore?

Its a watercooler talk stream, nothing more. I wouldnt even really call it communication with the players. It falls in line more with being flavor.

Perhaps the timing for it is a bit sour with the fanbase as it is but I can at least appreciate the attempt to give flavor.

My only issue is that communication is so sparse and growing all the more sparse that of course any hint of a dev was going to be met with over hype and inflated expectations. They are going to get rebound for this but its a beast of their own creation they chose to ignore.

6 Likes

Why though?

On the story theme what would you have preferred to see?

lol they were completely ignoring the chat. Hilarious.

1 Like

They really only brought an explanation for the poor dialogue between Rastakhan and Bwonsamdi in the cinematic.

“Be nice to each other.”

Umm…I thought we were at war.

Twitch chat? They don’t ever acknowledge it as far as I know.