Lore Q&A is a gloatfest

There’s really nothing being talked about the game. It seems the two men on the video are just talking about their job and gloating about themselves and barely even discussing the flow of the game or where it’s going.

Maybe never do this Q&A again? These guys have bombed it.

Edit: At the end they said “maybe we’ll answer more of your questions next time” Wait what? They didnt answer questions.

Does BFA stand for Blizzard Failed Again?

107 Likes

It’s not even a Q&A, it’s more of an ad hoc discussion between two dudes who work together lol…

30 Likes

IKR? They won’t shut up and answer any questions/concerns. It was a waste having this anyway when things we know that needed to be addressed get ignored.

25 Likes

It seems like such a waste of time lol. Why are they so afraid to communicate?

17 Likes

I’m confused why they’re telling us stuff that we already know instead of going into FUTURE DEVELOPMENT of where the game is headed.

15 Likes

“People have strong feelings about the state of the Horde right now”

Oh, I got strong feelings alright, though I can assure you they aren’t positive ones.

39 Likes

Bornakk literally said its not a Q&A, why did people expect it to be a Q&A?

21 Likes

For the record: This stream was NEVER advertised as a Q/A.

They asked for topics and questions but never laid it out like they do with their Q/A Announcement posts. It was very blatantly obvious this wouldn’t be a Lore drop and yet, people see/hear what they want to see/hear.

This is literally the FIRST of the Lore/Story streams and its clearly setting the stage for who these devs are and what they do in their day to day job.

Are they answering questions like a huge Lore dump Q/A? No. Because it never was that so don’t say its trash because something you built up on false expectations never came to happen.

What they are doing is talking and explaining their roles on their teams, how each team/set of developers works with each other and little personal stories with funny jokes, references to past expansions and other things.

So if you want a huge Lore dump in a Q/A form? Lets try not crapping on the FIRST stream that sets the stage.

28 Likes

Actually I think it’s hilarious that “The in game story is planned out months and sometimes years in advance.” It’s almost as if they know the story feels like it’s been written a week in advance.

7 Likes

That’s basically every blizzards Q&A ever

7 Likes

You want them to reveal where the story is going?

That’s not how it works.

3 Likes

This could have easily been done with a “The Story So Far” type of document.

1 Like

It literally says in the blue post " Let us know in the comments below what story and lore discussion you’d like to hear, then join us live Thursday, January 10 at 11:00 a.m. PDT. "

18 Likes

This is exactly how it was advertised. It is not a Q&A. It is a discussion about the Lore and how it is created.

7 Likes

Okay that’s fair. Totally understandable. Just look at how confused twitch chat is also. It’s a significant amount of people confused on the purpose of this live stream then.

7 Likes

yeah basically…

As a dedicated Blizzard fan, I’m just going to quote this response on the MMO-Champ thread for the stream:

• What the hell are they even talking about?
  • Utter nonsense so it makes sense, it relates perfectly to the story.
10 Likes
5 Likes

I got more mixed signals from the contraindication of that post than a teenage boy does talking to a girl for the first time.

1 Like

Danuser also said what happens in books aren’t tied to what happens in game. So then why should players bother buying the books?

7 Likes