Lore Q&A and Character Help 4

10/04/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Loranaris
How long do nightsabers live? Do night elves have to keep raising new ones every 20 years or is there some kind of magic they use to extend the life of their companions to match their extremely long lifespans?
Although technically a frostsaber, Ash'alah has been with Tyrande for over 10,000 years according to the UVG. We've also got Shy-Rotam who was saved by Tyrande around 4,000 years ago from frostmaul giants, and is still alive today.

Presumably this means they're either extremely long-lived themselves, or piggy-back off the night elves' immortality in some way. I think this is plenty to assume nightsabers have the same properties, though.
1 Like
Are there any other questions I can assist with?
1 Like
Do dragons have a different color blood than other races?

Like for example for would a blue dragon bleed blue, black bleed black, etc
Could a blood elf become a Ren'dorei - but not by choice? I have two elves- this one and her sibling, and I'm considering changing them both over at some point. The sibling is a mage, very ambitious, and it would make sense in her backstory that she got involved with Umbric's group. This character has always tried to protect her, and could have been lured into the group- and consequently, into the Void to try to stop her sister from going down this path, but she is caught up in the transformation as well. Would this work?
10/17/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Amaraithea
Could a blood elf become a Ren'dorei - but not by choice? I have two elves- this one and her sibling, and I'm considering changing them both over at some point. The sibling is a mage, very ambitious, and it would make sense in her backstory that she got involved with Umbric's group. This character has always tried to protect her, and could have been lured into the group- and consequently, into the Void to try to stop her sister from going down this path, but she is caught up in the transformation as well. Would this work?

None* of Umbric's group became what they are by choice. The transformation was forced upon them.

If the two characters were there during the event, they would indeed both be turned into ren'dorei.

*That we know of. I'll leave that open for people who want to RP willingly transforming.
10/17/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Mithrandys
Do dragons have a different color blood than other races?

Like for example for would a blue dragon bleed blue, black bleed black, etc

There are several items that refer to or depict dragon's blood, and it's always red in appearance.

Some references:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vial_of_Dragon%27s_Blood
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon%27s_Blood_Necklace
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sphere_of_Red_Dragon%27s_Blood

This would seem to imply dragon's blood is red in appearance, though that last item reference could indicate other colors exist as well.

Edit: I saw Cannibal mention Azurewing Blood a few posts up. Took a look at it; looks to be blue. So it would seem outside of the generic dragon blood, different colors do exist.

Source:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Azurewing_Blood
Thank you!
I've heard the mag'har orc reruitment quest takes place on a future version of AU draenor, because their time accelerated faster than ours for whatever reason.

Reshad, an old flightless arakkoa you meet early on while questing through Spires, is possibly my favorite NPC in recent memory. I am worried that father time may have claimed him while we were a world away.

I'll be able to explore the scenario further in a week or two when I max my Honorbound rep out, but for now I'm left wondering: How long do arakkoa normally live for?
10/18/2018 01:36 AMPosted by Flarepulse
How long do arakkoa normally live for?
Nothing confirmed, unfortunately, though we know Terokk is at least 650 years old. His longevity may be a result of magic, however.
1 Like

None* of Umbric's group became what they are by choice. The transformation was forced upon them.

If the two characters were there during the event, they would indeed both be turned into ren'dorei.

*That we know of. I'll leave that open for people who want to RP willingly transforming.

Ah... ok. I have not played the intro yet, just the quest to unlock the allied race. I believe it could still work, perhaps. I wan't saying that either would *chose* to undergo the transformation itself- but I meant more that one chose to study under Umbric, and the other thought that was probably a really bad idea....

I'll play through the intro and see if that sparks any further ideas. Thank you!
I have completed the Mag'har scenario.

Something tells me we won't see our feathered friends for a long while, if at all.

(it hurts just a little)

Now that I think of it though, if the demand for playable arakkoans is high enough, we could easily see our gaggle of friends from the Spires again. They could act as the races' "supporting cast", similar to how Thalyssra and her gang operate for the nightborne.

Until that day comes (if it comes), the draenor arakkoans are effectively gone from the story until someone brings them up again. It's like Schrodinger's cat, but the cat is an entire civilization of bird people and the container is an alternate universe. We need only wait for someone to open the box.

Pardon my rambling. Let the Q&A continue.
I have a question. What is the shortest a Night Elf could be? I know the average is about 7 feet, so what is a reasonable shortest height they could be?
10/20/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Dardillien
I have a question. What is the shortest a Night Elf could be? I know the average is about 7 feet, so what is a reasonable shortest height they could be?
Interesting question. We know the average night elf male stands at 7'6" and the average female at 7', and it's actually established lore via the Official Beginner's Guide, pg. 33, that any night elf shorter than 6'5" is nearly unheard of, and would be considered unnatural or even an abomination by some.
1 Like
10/20/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Cannibal
10/20/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Dardillien
Interesting question. We know the average night elf male stands at 7'6" and the average female at 7', and it's actually established lore via the Official Beginner's Guide, pg. 33, that any night elf shorter than 6'5" is nearly unheard of, and would be considered unnatural or even an abomination by some.

Thanks Cannibal, that was around what I was thinking. 6'5" seems like a really short Night Elf so yeah that's about where I was thinking.
Are worgen still 8 footers in lore or did that change in Legion?
10/23/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Whim
In the lore, they're still 8' on average, both for females and males with the hunch.

In-game however, they both stand at around 7'.
1 Like
10/23/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Cannibal
10/23/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Whim
In the lore, they're still 8' on average, both for females and males with the hunch.

In-game however, they both stand at around 7'.
I keep thinking that they are using troll skeletons at the moment.
I've been looking up stuff on the timeline for Warcraft, there isn't anything really official on it, but I was wondering when was Greymane Wall built?

We know it was after the Second War, but before the Third War. That's a big time gap since the Third War is Year 20.

Second War ends in like Year 8-ish, and Genn decides to leave the Alliance and build Greymane Wall, which I assume takes a couple years so would Year 10 seem reasonable?
10/24/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Dardillien
I've been looking up stuff on the timeline for Warcraft, there isn't anything really official on it, but I was wondering when was Greymane Wall built?

We know it was after the Second War, but before the Third War. That's a big time gap since the Third War is Year 20.

Second War ends in like Year 8-ish, and Genn decides to leave the Alliance and build Greymane Wall, which I assume takes a couple years so would Year 10 seem reasonable?
I've answered this question before and came to a similar conclusion. We don't have an exact number, but there's evidence that by the time the Third War rolled around, the Greymane Wall had been up for a while, so 10 ADP seems like a very reasonable guess.
1 Like
10/24/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Cannibal
10/24/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Dardillien

I've answered this question before and came to a similar conclusion. We don't have an exact number, but there's evidence that by the time the Third War rolled around, the Greymane Wall had been up for a while, so 10 ADP seems like a very reasonable guess.

I actually had someone tell me that, there is evidence that Genn is at some meeting with the leaders of the Alliance, it's his last time being there, and he refers to something involving Thrall I believe thus placing it around Year 15 which if Genn was there then that would mean he was still with the Alliance and then left. Which would place the building of Greymane Wall around Year 17, assuming it takes a couple years to build.

My issue with that is Genn was immediately against having Gilneas pay for the building of Nethergarde Keep as well as the internment camps for the defeated Orcs after the Second War. If that's the case, I can't see him waiting 6-8 years, if Year 15 was when he finally leaves, before deciding to leave the Alliance. There is no way he could have gone that long without helping the Alliance.