(lore interview and questlines) spoilers ahead

All of what you said applies only to Azeroth. That’s the key thing to remember. She’s going to lose it.

Your edit is pure conjecture.

1 Like

Oy. I hope it just confirms the Lun’alai and tauren belief, and doesn’t make any wild leaps and bounds. Either way, I’m here for the show.

2 Likes

Lol Azeroth is the most important planet she isn’t there’s nothing datamined from that quest which we have the voice files already to suggest tyrande loses it

Err. Okay.

Eh. I think recently actually Pope Francis said that if aliens exist then they’ll just baptize them, figure Tyrande will take the same approach as Elune Pope-ess Warrior Queen

I really don’t want the Tidemother to be Elune though, to be honest. But too many things are pointing in that possible direction.

1 Like

The legion wants Azeroth the void lord want Azeroth, the light is involved the jailer wants Azeroth, the devs themselves said Azeroth is the most important world in the universe during legion

6 Likes

If these aliens also believed in the Christian god, I don’t think they’d take kindly to some random person speaking on their god’s behalf to them.

Also please someone tell me how to properly reply to people, instead of just [quote]ing.

at the top of the text box, there is a button that looks like a thought bubble

2 Likes

I’d honestly prefer the Tidemother to be Neptulon, and the Kul Tirans just got a little confused on the specifics. Again, like the Tauren and their eyeball stories. Or, given their recent spate of LGBT characters, just make Neptulon non-binary, because water is ever-flowing and ever-shifting or something.

Or give him a daughter. One of the old RAF mounts had flavor text saying Ragnaros had one.

13 Likes

This changes everything.

A well deserved /pat

1 Like

thank you!

GenderFLUID Neptulon when,

Nah, I’d like Tidemother to be Helya, as it would give a reason for the Kultiran rune magic (Bonespeakers in Stormheim, etc, and Ion in the announcement attributed all rune magic as coming from the Shadowlands, and Helya and Odyn are the only two with Shadowlands connections and Vrykul connections), a reason for tentacles everywhere (Helya has both squid and octopus tentacles), and a reason for water elemental magic and krakens (Kvaldir work with Krakens in Vashjir and Northrend, Kvaldir work against the Naga who are trying to invade the Abyssal Maw to destroy Neptulon in Vashjir, so enemy of my enemy is my friend).

3 Likes

I think it should just be that they were communing with water elementals - perhaps not specifically Neptulon though, as one would imagine he would be more, well, direct. It would make sense, since naga do have a rather powerful control over water; it was pretty targeted towards the Kul Tirans, so it stands to reason that Azshara just recently decided she wanted them as pawns, thus the sudden violent turn of events.

1 Like

My personal hierarchy of Tidemother solutions:

1. Ideally Helya
  2. Kraken Wild God allied to Neptulon
  3. Neptulon’s daughter
  4. All of the above lol
  5. Elune
1 Like

I can’t really see this as being a problem to be honest. Not unless we learn that Elune has done relatively nothing for the Night Elves compared to other races on other worlds that also worship her.

If anything I imagine Tyrande’s first thought about learning of other races on other worlds that worship Elune would be, "Fantastic. Now, how do I bring them to Azeroth to destroy the Horde?"

Maybe they’ll call it the, “Lunar Crusade.”

3 Likes

Some steps forward; some steps backwards. Good to see they’re maybe fixing the into bit, though they still need to dump Calia. Her supposed past and involvement with Arthas amounts to her not existing and then running off and hiding - there’s no family history there to care about. Really don’t want to see a prepatch wasted on her.

Don’t care to spend the entire expansion trying to save Anduin.

15 Likes

My point is more that I am certain that Tyrande believes Elune to be their deity - it’s certainly a reasonable thing to believe that Tyrande believes. Elune is also in Tyrande’s ‘bad graces’, to put it mildly, so it may definitely set her off even further.

She’s not exactly capable of much rational thought atm - between her reeeeing at Sylvanas and her desperate search for answers RE Elune and her people in the Maw, this extra knowledge would be a strong kick in her gut.

1 Like

Just realized.

The night warrior guys in shadowlands being non night elves = night elven gay marriage isnt supported anymore.

but trolls do?

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be much evidence of this. As far as I know there haven’t been any conflicts between the Tauren and Night Elves despite the Tauren also believing in Elune, albeit in a different way, one that even marginalizes her. If anything the fact that Tauren and Night Elves tend to have excellent relations could easily be attributed to how their spiritual beliefs overlap with differences in interpretation of events.

Rationality was never Tyrande’s strong suit. Nothing really seems to suggest she’s any less rational than usual. Jumping into the Shadowlands to hunt down Sylvanas is about as rational as freeing Illidan during a Legion invasion; there’s some logic but damned if it doesn’t seem like a bad idea when you look at it rationally.

Pretty sure Blizzard said that on Azeroth gay marriages/relationships aren’t considered unusual.

7 Likes