(lore interview and questlines) spoilers ahead

little disappointed the jailor is the final boss but not surprised

7 Likes

Who else would the final boss be, though?

I know Sylvanas probably leaps to mind but I expect her to either be a mid-expansion raid boss, or to actually get out of this alive and just escape into the infinite realms of the Shadowlands.

3 Likes

Hell, she could get killed off in a quest. Just like Garrosh was.

19 Likes

Some people have tossed the idea that there might be something sinister about the Arbiter. Thereā€™s also could be some greater evil that pushed the Sylvanas to allying herself with the Jailor to fight or prepare everyone to face that.

It any case, it sounds like the story this time will be more focused, which is what a lot of people wanted after the disjointed mess of BfA. Whether it is executed well, along with all these reveals of ā€˜motivation,ā€™ time will tell.

2 Likes

Danuser will never allow Nathanosā€™ love Sylvanas to be killed off.

10 Likes

Well the three significant details I drew from that is:

1. Elune is worshiped on other worlds. I am curious who the other beings they suggested are as well. Titans maybe? That suggests that Elune is genuinely a higher level being but on the flip side means the NEs are now sharing her with other races.

2. Anduin ends up stuck in the Maw for the time being. Wonder how his stay in hell is doing for him.

3. Sylvanas will likely have development which will almost certainly piss a lot of people off.

20 Likes

from the last line of ā€œit will give sylvanas fans a lot to think aboutā€ it seems like they are going to complete the villain batting of her character. it is unfortunate

14 Likes

Iā€™m certain it will have no discernible impact on him at all. Heā€™s allergic to character development.

29 Likes

Sylvanas would have been preferable but Blizzard does do better when they have straight forward big bad at the end and not the convoluted crap we got in BFA.

But also keep in mind Blizzard said the same thing about Grom in Warlords.

So take whateverā€™s they say about it with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

I wonder how this will play out, to be honest. Supposedly Elune remade the Night Elves in her own image. Does this means Elves are a race that exists across the cosmos? We have enough elves on Azeroth as isā€¦

My guess is when we finally get him out heā€™ll look ancient just like in the comic.

Water is wet.

2 Likes

ā€œShe is the Sylvanas we have been waiting forā€

My God, they really are delusional, arenā€™t they? Just spit on fans of Sylvanas like myself who never wanted anything like this for her.

They are some of the dumbest writers I have ever seen.

47 Likes

TBH I feel that anduin bieng in the maw is just gonna make LOADS of R34 people
happy with homosexual pairings. Especially the bondage stuff.

Elune stuff sounded interesting.

Meh I hope the gender changing coming to Barber shops means name change too.

1 Like

Thatā€™s really the bottom line of all the pre-expansion news. Nothing is solidified until it happens, changing because of development decisions, or simply misdirection, because Blizzard seems to really love ā€œbeing mysterious.ā€ Where the mystery is opposite of what they tell us happening.

ā€œBet you didnā€™t expect that, did ya?ā€
ā€œWell, no, I guess I didnā€™t expect that since you said it was going to be the other way. You really fooled me.ā€

1 Like

Oh boy

What I will say is that you will find out that reverence for Elune is not unique to Azeroth. Thereā€™s other worlds that worship her - and other figures that weā€™ve met before - in our storyline.

Does this mean that Elune could be put together a Green Lantern Corp. type thing with Tyrande being the representative from Azeroth lol?

But still this is great. I love getting more Elune stuff.

6 Likes

How does touching titan blood have to do with elune

Its just lore I remember reading somewhere. Could have been retconned by now though, or clarified as in-universe mythos from Night Elves specifically rather than fact.

5 Likes

See, Iā€™m totally ok with races from other planets worshipping her. Itā€™s races that are complicit in the genocide of her chosen people on Azeroth that Iā€™m not keen on. Like the Tauren, and their weird kink for disembodied eyeballsā€¦ And maybe the Nightborne?

4 Likes

Itā€™s not exactly a foreign concept, and this is fantasy, where even more goes.

Christians commonly killed each other because of squabbles of how they worship, and of course letā€™s not forget that even today, the Abrahamic religions kill, discriminate, etc. against each other, and they all worship the same god, albeit in rather different ways (we seeing a connection?). Iā€™m loathe to make RL comparisons, as should be well documented, but Iā€™m giving myself a pass.

Myself, Iā€™m looking forward to Tyrandeā€™s legendary temper tantrum when (if?) she finds out what Elune isnā€™t their goddess, but just a goddess that they worship. Thatā€™s gonna hurt her a lot, and Iā€™m interested to see some of the more extreme night elf postersā€™ opinions on this.

6 Likes

Itā€™ll be a meltdown

Part of the Elune comment in the interview also implied that characters weā€™ve seen also worship Elune.

This implies that itā€™s someone other than the Tauren, since they maintain Elune is Musha.

I think this means the Kultiran Tidemother is Elune. Maybe. And maybe confirmation the Lunalai serve Elune? Hope they confirm something in either case.

3 Likes

Tyrande is Elunes chosen priests that hasnā€™t changed I donā€™t think tyrande will care that Elune reach is grander than we thought tyrande probably already knows she is elunes voice

Azeroth is like the most special planet this already makes the nelves the most special of Elunes followers

5 Likes