Lore Characters in The War Within

Hey guys, we just seem to keep discovering more characters that will appear in the upcoming expansion, so I thought it’d be nice to have a thread and theorize what role they may play!

MAIN CHARACTERS

Alleria - Confirmed to be Xal’ataths rival, she likely will grapple with the void inside of her throughout the expansion.

Anduin - After ShL, it seems his main story will be finding himself again and his belief in the light. Confirmed to hang out in Hallowfall.

Thrall - Per wow wiki, he is seeking a connection to the voice/visions spreading across the world and working to find his new place within the Horde. (Thanks to Gornur for pointing this out)

Magni Bronzebeard - Per Blizzcon, he will confront the heavy weight of being the Speaker of Azeroth once and for all.

OTHER CHARACTERS

Moira Thaurissan - In an interview it was revealed she has an interest in the Earthen. In the features trailer she can be spotted several times.

Dagran Thaurissan II - Moira’s son, it has been stated in at least two interviews that he will play a part in The War Within.

Talanji - A screenshot of Talanji has been shared, it is easy to miss her unless you zoom in. Seemingly in a camp, the tents made of leaves. Absolutely nothing else known.

Brann Bronzebeard - Confirmed to be our NPC partner in Delves. (Thanks to Gornur for pointing this out)

I will update this list as we learn more- but do you guys have any theories or thoughts about the returning characters yet? What they may do, what their story may entail or interactions with other characters?

7 Likes

Quoting from the Warcraft wiki article,
“Thrall is seeking a connection to the voice and visions spreading across the world and working to find his new place within the Horde.”

Thrall seeking a connection to Azeroth makes sense but I’m not sure what working to find his new place within the Horde will involved. I mean Shadows Rising really established him as the orc leader and representative on the Horde Council. Unless he stepped down to better focus on connecting with Azeroth, like when he stepped down as Warchief to better connect with the elements for Cataclysm.

I didn’t know that and I’m very happy to see her involved.

Now the only other character that I know is involved in the expansion is Brann and he was highlighted as being involved in the Delves, the new endgame content.

1 Like

Considering the Zandalari’s experience with Titan works and Old Gods/Void entities, this is a good sign. Just a shame that she’s not taking a significant role, but anything is good at this point.

She’s got big footprints to fill now that Rastakan is gone.

2 Likes

Talanji’s presence is really weird given the subject matter of the expansion. I’d say are we sure she’s not a placeholder for something but I have no idea what they’d use her model to placehold for, so I can’t imagine it is.

I hope Wrathion is present given his friendship with Anduin. Having them just ignore that would suck, but is also what I expect to happen.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks for the information about Thrall! And I somehow forgot about Brann, haha.

I tried to upload the Talanji picture but for some reason it says I can’t upload links…despite recently making a post with a link.

1 Like

Considering we will(likely) have 3 seasons i am now curious who our 2 other delve companions will be. I suspect season 2 delve will be Horde aligned.

2 Likes

None of them interestingly enough, have any Druidic aspects to them… nothing that ties them to World Trees.

This would have been a good chance for Runetotem to stand out without Malfurion to overshadow him or other non-elf Druids…

If the story doesn’t relate to druidism, I doubt Hamuul would have any reason for attention over any other class.

Your welcome.

If the head of the Explorer’s League is our Season 1 delve NPC, then perhaps Tae’thelan Bloodwatcher as the head of the Reliquary would be our Season 2 delve NPC.

2 Likes

It’s centered on a World Tree… it tuches the Emerald Dream… no chapter in the entire francvhise has related MORE to druidism.

Were you not responding to Zerde’s post about delves in the upcoming expansion?

It would be highly bizarre if there were no black dragons in TWW. Their entire job is protecting the deep places in the world. I have to imagine at least one or two will be around.

2 Likes

See that makes sense but you never know with these writers who won’t show up when it makes sense for them to. Like how the Keepers were completely absent from BfA despite the whole bleeding planet thing.

2 Likes

This thread is about the next expansion the War Withing, not the next patch.

2 Likes

Any predictions for Keeper Innaria? Has been a long trend with a local titan helping us. :crystal_ball::robot:

1 Like

I could see Lorewalker Cho returning as a delve companion for season 3, or even Sir Finley Mrrgglton.

2 Likes

You forgot Muradin Bronzebeard too. He should also be in the expansion given the fact it’s a dwarven expansion.

He has not been confirmed to appear as far as i know. I listed only characters we know for a fact are appearing.

1 Like

i hope we dont get some grandiose cosmic flop of a plot like shadowlands

Well Wrathion didn’t become the black Aspect and resumed his diplomat role…so he’d be the obvious candidate. Have to stir up the Wranduin 'shippers somehow (at least until they marry Anduin off to someone (hopefully Taelia) >_>;