Lord of the Reins not counting correctly

I’ve been at this achievement for awhile and it award one of my favorite mounts in the game, but this achievement is just not adding up correctly. I’ve been at 298 for a few days now and after collecting jeweled black panther, an argent tournament mount, AND buying the winged guardian from the shop, NONE of these made my achievement counter go up. I looked up the problem and saw a few more people having the problem and many responses trying to explain this like (oh the achievement only counts useable mounts or, Oh you’re probably looking at the mount counter in the collections menu) no, no im not and i understand how it works. I also understand that there’s a stat that shows useable mounts and that stat currently shows… 301 but my achievement counter is still at 298.

Have you checked all your characters, especially the ones who can use the most mounts? Usually, that would be Warlocks, DKs, or Paladins. Be sure to check both factions, if you play both sides.

1 Like

Yep, did it on my paladin who has always had the most mounts, I finally got the achievement actually from buying ANOTHER STORE MOUNT. i think the problem is for some dumbass reason it doesn’t count mounts if u got them on another character?? cause my counter went from 298 to 303 from buying 1 store mount

There are two basic issues with these achievements.

The first is often just confusion. The achievement counts the highest number of usable mounts on a character. So if you have gained a new one it is important to log into the character with the most usable mounts so that the achievement can update.

We are seeing a bug where a new mount might not count in the achievement immediately, even if you’ve logged into the character with the most usable mounts. Folks are finding that if they add another one or two mounts that their total will jump the appropriate number.

That is being looked into, but I don’t have any updates on it.

6 Likes

Well this is finally helpful, the last 2 gms that i’ve talked to only gave the first option as a solution when i knew it wasn’t. The bug sounds like what it is but the time frame from when it finally does kick in must be a massive one, considering i was stuck at 298 even with 300 useable for like 4 days. And buying the store mounts i don’t particularly enjoy just to increase it, when it didn’t work was like a punch in the gut just because i didn’t wanna spend hours more grinding for an achievement i should already have. Hopefully this bug gets fixed soon because it is frustrating and just demoralizing

Unfortunately, the confusion about how the achievements work is far more common and this bug is fairly new so while we try to keep Game Masters informed, the more obscure issues can slip through.

The good news is that you don’t lose anything, it just isn’t tabulating in the achievement immediately. It’s likely some wonky database issues on how it pulls the data and hopefully our QA team can figure out what is causing it soon enough. :slight_smile:

8 Likes