Looting Bug

While questing through the undead starting zone and Tirisfal Glades today i noticed that every so often i would go to loot a mob i had just killed and the loot table would pop up however there would only be a red question mark icon in the loot table and some words next to it (in the same format an actual item would appear in). im not sure if this is a bug due to an addon im running or something along the lines of but i can hover over said icon and do everything except for loot it. when i leave the loot table by pushing escape or running away from it i do not have an option to reloot the corpse nor did my loot log say that i had looted anything. i figured i should bring this up to the devs incase its something in the game that can be fixed.

thanks

10 Likes

I’m having the same issue on Old Blanchy trying to do the Beer Basted Boar Ribs quest. Pings were good. Loot mob, loot window pops up and there is an audio cue of something going in my bags but no item. I killed other mobs and I can loot but the loot window is empty. No coin, vendor trash or quest items, however I still get xp. I can’t progress at all through that quest, so I dropped it. Logged out, came back in and took the quest again. Still no loot on ANY kills, just the empty pop up window.

6 Likes

I posted about this issue earlier today as well, but I’ll reiterate here to consolidate. I have also experienced the same issue.

Same here !

We mostly always loot in Free for all setting too

Having the same issue looting. I have no addons and when I loot (I use auto loot) sometimes the loot box pops up and disappears quickly and I have received nothing.

13 Likes

Just wanted to throw it out there that I’m also encountering this bug. I almost feel like it has to do with Auto Loot setting. I’ll loot the mob and like others have said its super fast with an audio que but no item. Then my party member will also say the mob is glowing like it has loot but when they try, they get a message that says “Someone is already looting that”

With Auto Loot disabled I haven’t seen the loot box open and disappear quickly.

3 Likes

This worked for me too. Also we found out it only does thsi when the mobs inventory doesnt have any items in it. You go to loot and the window is empty, it closes very quick and gltiches. WIthout auto loot on you just see the empty inventory and it works properly.

2 Likes

I’ve been having that same issue as well. At first it was only on felines (So cats, tigers that sort of thing) but after the restart this morning it started happening on everything, and very frequent. I had about 5 boars in a row this morning do it to me while I was trying to get Chunk of Boar Meat for the Elwynn questline. It was also happening to my friend who was playing. I use auto loot, she doesn’t.

Happening for me too with autoloot off. Loot window opens and nothing is in it.

1 Like

I have also seen this a lot. Both with and without auto loot turned on. In that brief moment the lot window is open I can almost see something there then it closes and nothing. Again this is with and without auto loot. So it is opening and then quickly closing w/o auto loot.

I am seeing this a ton and its really a hindrance. Please fix this :frowning: Classic is great but i am afraid the grind is harder due to this.

Fix this bug loot and fix lag on shops… plz!

Getting the same issue, trying many configs but bug still anyways :confused:

Same issue here. With auto looting turned on it would do the bug where it would pop up and close right away but the current bug I have is from turning off the auto looter. When I loot the mobs it’s just an empty box, I’ve tried relogging, relaunching my entire launcher, bug still happening. I love classic but this is getting so annoying.

(Posted above as allamerican). i found a 2016 forum report that when people had consecrate on it would cause something similar. So i looked at my abilities and what i might have had up. welp, i think my “power word: Shield” buff iss causing it. I left on my fort buff and started killing things again… all fixed! Then i went to kill something else and as i was about to kill it i "power word: shield"ed. Broken!

I wish there was a way to get a dev to look at this finding. I can reproduce and give logging if needed.

i found a 2016 forum report that when people had consecrate on it would cause something similar. So i looked at my abilities and what i might have had up. welp, i think my “power word: Shield” buff iss causing it. I left on my fort buff and started killing things again… all fixed! Then i went to kill something else and as i was about to kill it i "power word: shield"ed. Broken!
I wish there was a way to get a dev to look at this finding. I can reproduce and give logging if needed.

I’ve been having this issue while playing as a low-level warrior, no buffs on me yet at all and also having the same issue with auto loot bringing up the table, playing the loot noise but nothing being added to my bag. Got so bad I was actually looting maybe 1 in every 3 mobs I fought.

i’m getting the no loot in loot window also, in wailing caverns

Same issue. Happens with group loot and free for all while in a party.

Seems to only happen while looting beasts?

1 Like

Happening to me as well. All of a sudden I’m getting empty box after empty box, but the mobs sparkle and the “ca-ching” sound is made when clicking on them with auto loot (tried with auto disabled). I’ve had over 20-30 straight kills now with nothing, and even switched platforms (happening on both my PC and Mac).

I played Vanilla at release and I don’t recall ever seeing this many kills with nothing dropping.

I was having that same issue. Sucks you dont have a buff on that could be the problem. I know this is my issue (its 100% failure rate on looting if i power word shield up)