Looting Bug

Wife and I are questing in Darkshore and this same issue is occurring to her - frequently. Loot window pops up and then we get “Somebody else is looting” message.

We have tried logging in and out, restarting the WoW application, and disabling/enabling auto loot yet the problem just keeps occurring.

First day we have encountered this.
We do not have any addons running.
Around the same time this started happening, I had turned on free for all loot (first time doing so). Not sure if this is coincidence or not.
We reformed party and so far seem to be doing better…

Same issue for my toons on Kromcruch, happens for me just on quest items off of beasts such as raptor talon, paws, bears, turtles, plainstriders, and in tirisfal glades from spiders. I used elvui and that loot box showed a green dot in place where the quest item would show, and when I removed all the addons, uninstalled, removed cache and all that, same thing. Odd though, is that it would work for 1 minutes, I’d get 1 or 2 items and then it would revert to not working. I tried everything short of a full install of the game again. I have a ticket open and so far the reps that responded to it just blew it off as game working as intended and rng is a pain, they didn’t even read the ticket, and I included screenshot of said empty loot window where anything else would usually appear. For me it’s quest items and they think I’m complaining about not getting free stuff, pissed me off. I hope they do find the error, I remember experiencing this specific error in 2008 as well.

My GF and I have also been experiencing this issue for the past few days. Its really annoying to not be able to loot quest items.

1 Like

Durotan area, this bug is happening everywhere all the time. Have tried disabling addons and it doesn’t fix it.

It doesn’t matter what zone it is in. I’m noticing that Ranged characters have less of an issue with this as the loot on the mob is populated by the time they get to the mob to loot.

Melee characters suffer this issue significantly as they’re looting too “fast” to obtain the loot before it is populated.

Maybe we can get a fix running for this?

I have an image of this issue, but can’t really post it since blizzard doesn’t allow images or links and I don’t want to get a squelch on the forums again for posting a link regarding an image to an issue.

Does not seem like there is any movement non this. It is actually pushing me off the game. I left for a bit due to this bug… Please fix it!

1 Like

Still experiencing this as well.

1 Like

Noticing this bug as well. Any movement on this?

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing this since classic launched. Wish they would fix it. It’s infuriating when this happens on gathering quests and it pretty much forces me to abandon the quest becaue I can’t even gather the necessary items because the corpse sparkles but the loot table is empty. And it’s not like I can log out & restart with the queues. :rage:

Happening to ranged a lot too. Not everything dies before it gets to you. * I did try running away and running back before looting. I still had issues on some, but I think it could/should be tested further.

Not just beasts either now. Big issues with elementals in Arathi tonight.

Doesn’t work anyway. I tried more than once.

Having the same issue…

This problem is still going on. I can replicate it with ease in Westfall when I attack Dust Devils. I quest with a buddy so he can pick up the loot, because after the first kill and the game realizes it’s me, all future mob kills will show an empty loot bag.

1 Like

Any movement on a fix? This happens to me randomly.

Same things happens to this day. Seems to be Barrens only issue. I dont remember having this problem in any other zone

I have this same problem on my Rogue in the Maw my third character on the way to 60 I was trying to record the game play with windows game recorder I turned it off and bug went away. Bummer there is some really cool stuff I want to record in there, now I have to stop the game get a notepad and write what just happened…argh