Loot Trading in Classic *updated*

:partying_face:

3 Likes

my bad you’re right, but still I would like clarification on UBRS

1 Like

Would still like to see a Frankenpatch AV.

7 Likes

Oh, sure UBRS is 5-manable. I did it in dungeon blues on this very rogue.

If they’re controlling which instances trigger loot trading I’m quite certain BRS would not. They wouldn’t announce this and then do something so stupid.

However, if it is being in a raid that triggers it then you’d just have to 5 man it if you don’t want to worry about that.

I’d imagine you’re probably right though and they’ll just set which instances trigger loot trading.

But there was cross realm BG’s in classic…

2 Likes

The post does specifically say 5 man content. Technically UBRS is considered 10 man even though it CAN be done with 5, so based on the OP I’d say loot trading is in for UBRS. Clarification would be nice though. It’s good news either way.

So, with this said, will we be running Need-before-Greed as a loot system, or just the roll system in dungeons? I can’t recall when Need-before-Greed was implemented…

So, this isn’t going to be “actual” vanilla, it’s going to be a hodgepodge of rules based on how vocal the players are. Got it.

1 Like

I’m good with this solution !

They made it more vanilla-like with this decision. You are misreading.

4 Likes

Need before greed was 1.9. So it should be in classic.

umm this is a change more in favor of vanilla. not sure what you are talking about.

in vanilla you couldn’t trade loot in dungeons short of a ticket to a GM. loot trading in dungeons was a DEPARTURE from vanilla. this is getting us back to CLOSER TO VANILLA.

and if they seriously only considered how vocal the playerbase is on something, please explain why we aren’t getting Older AV?

Cross realm bgs came in at the very END of classic. It was detrimental to the experience and having played both ways…Cross realm is a bad idea. It was one of the first changes that, while it had QoL benefits, it ultimately ended up killing the community aspect of PvP.

If they add Cross realm bgs, pvp will not be anywhere near as interesting as it was for the vast majority of Vanillla.

2 Likes

Thank you, that makes me feel better about this decision then.

Will this still be an option in the event that an item is looted by or given to the wrong person? Or is it a done deal once the item has been looted with no recourse?

My guess is no.

And they’re listening guys!!

The next update has to be on the use of sharding it just has to.

2 Likes

Well hot diggity, this might bring me back into considering playing Classic again

1 Like

How would you handle “dead” realms or ones with huge faction imbalances?

2 Likes

there will be no ticket support in classic from everything i’ve seen.
so watch your misclicks in dungeons.
in raids loot trading kicks in.

I am assuming the same thing but it would be nice to get an official confirmation while we are on the subject.