Loot Trading in Classic *updated*

I don’t think you can make a forum post about it. But you can call people out in trade chat I imagine after the run is done.

I like to add ninjas to my ignore list and then before I go into a dungeon check and see if anyone on my ignore list is in my group. I normally play a healer or a tank so, I just tell the group I’m not playing with that person and they can either lose a healer or a DPS.

If enough people ostracize a person it’ll be bad and they’ll have to reroll I imagine.

But what is unfortunate is there may be some newer players coming and I don’t think we should name and shame some noob hunter who rolled need on cruel barb in the deadmines lol.

So it’ll be interesting to see what happens for sure.

But I promise you this… IF YOU TAKE TANKING GEAR FROM THE TANK I WILL SHAME YOU 100%. I don’t care if I get hit with a temp ban. Tanks deal with enough crap and don’t need to have some DPS taking tanking gear.

4 Likes

In the past, even in game naming and shaming has been considered to negatively impact a players game experiece, which is against the rules stated in blizzards eula.

Couple this with right click reporting anybody naming and shaming and you’ll find its actually quite difficult to blacklist a ninja, especially if the ninja has friends.

Luckily for me I’ll be playing with friends, so it will be very easy to exploit these systems to get away with taking expensive boes or recipes when the time is right.

Thank you blizzard.

2 Likes

Just as a further note, I have every hope this wont be the case, but unfortunately unless blizzard comes out with a nice big post all in blue text directly changing their own rules and removing automated right click reporting systems, there are going to be a lot of people just like me who are dispraportionally rich because other people are too trusting, and wont be able to police it after the fact.

2 Likes

Hmm. I’m not sure how I’m about to feel about this. If I accidently roll need on an item I would like to be able to put in a ticket to get that item transferred to the person who’s supposed to have it. It’s way more common for that to happen in dungeons than raids.

this is what i wanted to hear

4 Likes

Blacklists are back on the menu boys!

Edit: Thanks for the clarification.

6 Likes

May the ninjas suffer a painful death

Love the update, every post makes me more excited.

You should still have to equip it for it to lock

1 Like

If the player base maintains the power to punish ninjas, then ninja looting will likely be less rampant. But, if us doing a GMs job gets us punished (via RCR or w/e), then whats going to be the point ?

4 Likes

I hope there are a few ninjas at least. I could really go for watching some new ninja loot rage videos.

2 Likes

Woohoo yay woohoo!

Blizzard out here coming after those ninja looters.

Yes but if a mistake is made there’s no longer a way to correct that mistake. In vanilla we could open a ticket and get the item transferred to the correct person, in Classic that is now impossible.

If you make a honest mistake there’s no way to correct that mistake and you’ll be branded a ninja by the entire server, that’s no good.

Imagine younger players or just less informed players needing on something that doesn’t really benefit them being shunned by an entire community.

There could be people who believe that hand of justice works for types of attacks for example. There could be people who forget what weapons they can use, priests needing on swords for example.

If you make enough mistakes you’ll no longer be able to play with anyone because the community hates you even if you never meant to do anything wrong, you just didn’t know better.

No one is going to be shunned by the entire community for needing a single item by mistake.

However, if they need that item, drop group and hearth out… that’s obviously a different story.

4 Likes

Just don’t equip it :angry:

2 Likes

How’s that going to help? You’re still not able to trade the item in any way.

Actually … YES, that will be possible, you will have 2 hours to trade with anyone else who was eligible for that item. So if you accidentally hit need, you will be able to trade it within 2 hours to anyone else who was eligible to roll on it. The item will only be locked to you if you equip it, and you should get a warning telling you that just like you do on live retail.

I don’t mean to be rude, but it seems like you’ve missed the entire point of this thread. Since there WILL be loot trading in Classic, Bliz feels that there will be no need to have GMs involved in loot ownership issues.

1 Like

Server transfers were in vanilla

1 Like

Uhm, did you read the original post? Loot trading will only work in raids and they won’t respond to tickets if you make a mistake in dungeons.

If you don’t know how the game and your class works it’ll just take a few honest mistakes before everyone on the server thinks that you’re a ninja.

1 Like