Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

Note the word “maybe”. Its a guestimate based on past release histories.

I don’t know, you seem pretty happy about it to be honest.

3 Likes

Also blizz could surprise us and give us a 2021 release on shadowlands since you’re saying a year.

I get your point, but come on guy…logging in and out all day long ISNT as advantageous as a keybind to an insta-AH.

My understanding is that they said “on or before Dec 31, 2020, which based on past expansion releases means it will be sometime in the 4th calendar quarter. So between Oct 1 and Dec 31. Most likely that would be sometime in Nov I would think, but who knows. Hence, I said approximately 1 year.

Regardless, if it is released in July 2020 or Nov 2020, that’s hardly “last minute notice” since we found out yesterday.

Edit: I just checked the store page and it does say “on or before 12/31/2020”

meh advantageous really isn’t the word imo. convenient seems more fitting.

I could just be from a highly populated server, but I’ve had no trouble even without my bank toon on this realm yet

It’s tough because they KNOW that we will find all that is able to be data mined. So on the one-hand, it seems that is the way they communicate now just like they confirmed that it was them who “leaked” the SL expansion days prior to BlizzCon.

On the other hand, I’m getting really tired of the ninja changed and the fake apologies when they are caught with the hand in the cookie jar. Had it not been data -mined, this would’ve hit everyone in the face full blast in January after 8.3 dropped.

I genuinely have no idea what ridiculous thought (thoughtless?) process is at HQ these days. They keep shoveling HARD at that PR nightmare hole.

3 Likes

I care because I wanted a sauropod mount when I first saw it. I like collecting mounts and that one is way cool. I don’t care a rat’s tail about the AH on it, I just like the model. (If there were another model without the vendors, I’d be plenty happy to get it–assuming it wasn’t being removed.)

I don’t have a lot of time to play, and I have a lot of things in WoW I like to do. I eventually got the Yak because I saved up my gold in WoD. I figured I could eventually get the brutosaur by saving up my gold over the next couple of expansions. All the other gold-sink mounts are still available, and there was never any official announcement that the brutosaur would be time limited.

And now, suddenly, Blizz decides to break precedent and make this mount time-limited. They didn’t even announce the change themselves. It was datamined, and when a poster called them on it here in the forums, they made a lame post confirming the fact.

So, not only am I not going to be able to get this mount, my trust in Blizzard has plummeted to an all-time low. This mount is nothing like other time-limited mounts. It is just like the other special gold-sink mounts that have been in the game since Wrath.

Overall, this change is a truly scummy move on Blizzard’s part, whether or not you care about the mount.

3 Likes

Maybe they looked at what other game companies (SC cough) are managing to get their customers to pay for and thought… “We want some of that cash”

Blizzard is a business. Therefore, every decision they make is a business decision. If people are going to get made about something, at least pick something that matters.

Okay, everyone has their own vision of why it is now being removed and outside of the response we had received so far.

If I may try to describe what my future reveals on this matter.

We have entered a point in World of Warcraft where our characters had been reduced to a lower level and for the first time this had opened the long overdue plan of theirs to greatly reduce the amount of gold that can be obtained via quest.farming.
(Describing the future still)
The removal of the mount from the vendor has helped them correct an error in their decision of introducing a new mount for 10 million gold.

Soon with the changes to the amount of gold received from quests/farming is much lower to align with the new character max level. This helps lower the value of the token or at least keep it from reaching a point where platinum gold is no longer needed.

The current path if left as it currently is would have seen the value of gold so low that they would have needed to introduce platinum gold.

Don’t ask me how I can see my future, I’m Schizotypal.

Well why don’t you sit down and tell me about a business decision you didn’t like and I can pretend I don’t understand why I should care.

I want to be part of the sociopath cool club too.

1 Like

Difference being, we knew mage tower was a limited time event from the get go. THAT is the difference here

3 Likes

Ah that’s right guys, we forgot. We aren’t allowed to enjoy a game, and also be unhappy about certain aspects at the same time. Duh! Silly us.

2 Likes

Hello all you new people! Welcome to the mega thread!

1 Like

Well that’s weird they like merged another thread with this one.

And this thread is not on that list. It was closed and unlisted, it was not merged.

1 Like

Be careful they will argue tooth and nail that it was merged.

So what you’re saying is that it smells so bad in here because Yesuna is talking out the wrong hole.

3 Likes

There locking threads as well