Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

If there weren’t any positives in the game, I wouldn’t still be subscribed. Meanwhile, I’m not afraid to take off the rose-colored glasses now and then and offer suggestions for improvement.

I keep posting here to remind Blizzard that this decision about the Brutosaur doesn’t have to be all-or-nothing. They can move the MCB to the BMAH, thus keeping it “exclusive” for those who actually care about that stuff, while putting a different non-AH version on the vendors, thus allowing me (and others) to continue working toward a sauropod mount. Since the mobile AH is their purported reason for removing the MCB (not exclusivity), this seems like an excellent compromise to me.

3 Likes

I’m not begging for change. The opposite in fact. No vendor mount or gold sink has ever been removed. Why change that now? Oh right. Token sales.

1 Like

Because so many players are able to dump that kind of money on a mount, must be why 50% of us have feldrakes and swift spectral tigers too. lol

Unless you think a couple thousand dollars means something to a company as large as Activision-Blizzard, which would be hilarious.

1 Like

Considering the rarity of the Feldrake and the almost mythical status of the Swift Spectral Tiger mount at this point, I doubt 50% of the player base has either.

1 Like

I was being sarcastic.

3 Likes

Sarcasm is hard to read through text to begin with, but you’ve been fairly combative since entering (or re-entering) this thread.

3 Likes

And they have four non-MCB Brutosaur models available, so they could put them in with different ways to get them all. First one would be on the vendor, second one could be the 450 or 500 mount reward, third could be a rare spawn, then they could save the fourth for whenever they add BfA to timewalking.

3 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

8 Likes

Everything adds up. Do you think they don’t want to sell tokens? Why sell mounts in the shop? By that logic, do you think $25 means something to a company as large as acti/blizz?

1 Like

Post some of those screen shots when you see the masses riding around on them. I doubt there were more than a handful who bought that many tokens. If the first thing you think of when the subject of a lot of gold pops up is buying gold then you were not the intended audience in the first place. lol

1 Like

The panda does tend to do that.

1 Like

This is honestly what I’m expecting after the current debacle. I would be very surprised if they didn’t add in a couple at a later date.

I want an undead Brutosaur mount with gold coins scattered inside of its belly :heart:

4 Likes

In addition to that we have Blizzard constantly turning things into gold sinks when they weren’t previously, in the past we’d hit exalted with someone and buy the top reward for a pittance because the rep grind was the cost of entry, now we hit exalted and get to hand over 100k here, 300k there, another 500k over there.

If anyone think that these types of behaviors aren’t happening in order to stimulate token sales and/or prolonged subs from people that would typically take breaks between tiers i think that they’re just being deliberately obtuse.

6 Likes

Well, let’s see. A mount that had no indication of going away, is suddenly going away. It cost a lot of gold, and one of the fastest, easiest ways to get that much gold in a limited time frame is tokens. It isn’t rocket science here.

2 Likes

Facts are u see more people on this mount last couple months then ever before. Fact is token prices plummeted because people were buying them to get the mount. It sucks they went this route for the mount. I know a couple people personally that it turned them off from wanting to play because they thought they had time to save. But hey if people want to spend money on it that’s fine. If they don’t that’s fine. But to take it away like they did just for token sales is shady.

1 Like

amazing.
the longer something is in the game, the more people obtain it?

token prices are the same as they were this time last year.

token prices disagree with this theory.

3 Likes

I looked up some wow token history here and got this graph:

A year ago the token was roughly 10k more than it is now. But I would argue that the biggest reason for that bubble in the middle was due to Classic going live at the end of August and Blizzcon at the start of November, since then it’s been a fairly steady decrease until things started picking back up again.

I’m sure the Brutosaur has had some impact, but not enough to say the price “plummeted” because of it.

2 Likes

Do they? Token prices are much lower than they were when this was announced. That would mean supply went up and/or demand fell.

1 Like

yes, they do.

prices fluctuate, and the fluctuation pattern hasn’t changed.

1 Like