Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

The first part of this is right. The second part is just a choice Blizzard makes. In every case, they can ALWAYS give forewarning when something is time-limited. Which is exactly what they did with the mage tower–and did not do with the MCB.

We only found out about this change through a data mine and the OP of this thread posting it. Blizzard didn’t even mention the mount’s removal from the vendors when they announced the removal of the FoS. That’s pretty darn disingenuous.

6 Likes

If it’s ever-changing then they simply cannot always give forewarning. That doesn’t make even a little sense.

They may have planned for it to not be a limited time thing but then changed their minds, it happens. You can’t claim you don’t change your mind on stuff either. It’s what we do as humans.

1 Like

And what kind of excuse are you going to come up with for them not making any official announcement? Oh, right, I forgot. You think this thread counts. :roll_eyes:

But I do appreciate how you keep the thread rolling along. :+1:

4 Likes

They don’t need an excuse. They run this show. They can give an announcement any time they want on anything or never at all. They don’t need approval from players or don’t need to announce anything, it’s all up to them.

I forgot this was even a thing until it was bumped earlier, tbh.

1 Like

Glad for the lowering of the token cost. I mean really thanks guys. It has made stocking up on piles and piles of them really easy. Got the rest of the year paid up, had enough for Blizzcon but it never happened and plenty more sitting around in the bank for whatever.

1 Like

This is dumb. U act as if the company is a one human mind simply changing its mind about something. It’s a company that has a product and they want to keep a player base happy so they continue to make money. By doing things like this it only hurts them. U think not that many people care about the brutosaur. How many people did u see riding one of these before about 3 months ago? Now u see tons everywhere. And even the lowering of the token price shows that people wanted the mount. They bought tokens to help fluff their gold amount. Yes blizz can do what they want when they want. But to say it’s on natural and human to change your mind in comparison to a business sounds like a reach to me. U know as well as I do it was and still is a bad move on their part. Because when this thread started not that many people knew it was being removed. They do now though. And the economy in game reflects it. Facts

1 Like

Token tanked in price because of corrupted gear, people buying tokens en mass and buying their bis corruption items, token starting to go back up after vendor has been added. Boes will still sell but for far less now that there’s a vendor and the closer the expansion comes even cheaper.

1 Like

Rather them be removed than added to bmah tbh, I’m all for if you didn’t earn it when it was current you shouldn’t be able to acquire it like challenge mode gear. I missed out on some stuff but I wouldn’t wish they returned because for one I got all the sets I wanted when cms are concerned, but I did miss out on a few of the lesser sets like warrior/rogue and mage cm sets, the mage wasn’t too bad but the others including monk/priest/hunter/sham sets to me were like pandaria green boe armor they were that bad, the shaman set only had the totems and the monk shoulders were barrels of beer if i remember correctly which made them unique but the rest of the armor was bad.

1 Like

Ah really?? That’s hella cool! You should write a sonata… in B sharp :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, my support for AH-less brutosaurs is strong as ever.

2 Likes

Heh.

I do hate when composers make things more complicated than necessary. Next thing you know, they wind up being programmers who write spaghetti code.

There’s a tiny, hopeful part of my soul that wants to imagine the reason Blizz hasn’t said anything “official” about the brutosaur is that they will indeed put a non-AH version on the vendors. (Even on my rosiest glasses days, I can’t imagine they won’t remove the MCB though.)

2 Likes

You know what else would keep gold inflation in check? Taxes. Implement a progressive wealth tax to be calculated on each WoW license. The total gold on the license is taxed progressively each reset: 100k-500k @ 5%; 500k-1M @10%; 1M-2M @ 15%; 2M-5M @ 20%; and 5M+ @ 25%.

I hate that they’re taking this mount away. This mount should stay.

11 Likes

What a thoroughly disgusting idea. You wouldn’t happen to be a politician irl, would you? I’d rather ALL mounts were temporarily available than have taxes put into this game. :face_vomiting:

Blizzard, please don’t put taxes in, but do put a non-AH version of the brutosaur on the vendors when the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur is removed. Thank you.

5 Likes

Funny, broke people irl think the rich should get taxed more for being better at making money as well. But the more hilarious part is making 30 mill in the first 6 months of bfa from the same players complaining about it.

Why not? I see you oppose the idea, but why?

First off, playing a game is supposed to be escapist. I don’t need something as irritating as taxes thrown in just to reduce “gold inflation.” Secondly, I sincerely don’t believe gold inflation is a problem that needs to be addressed. Let people keep their gold.

However, leaving a gold-sink like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur available on the vendors is essentially a voluntary “tax” on players who buy it. It makes no sense to remove something like this if they want to remove gold from the economy. I honestly thought that was the entire purpose of high-priced vendor items.

I realize others would disagree with my position, and that’s fine. It’s just an opinion.

4 Likes

Just Blizz running another scam on You…

1 Like

By that notion, we don’t need something as irritating as repair bills either.

But if unchecked, you’ll have some players unable to access staple items like flasks, enchants, food, gems, etc. because gold generation is infinite in this game.

I tend to agree. I’ve got the “exclusive” Mage Tower Guardian form and I’d have no issue with others being given a way to earn it. But the difficulty should scale with character power so the challenge is that same as it was back when it was current content. Same with Brutosaur, but scale the cost with gold inflation (if you could somehow figure out how that scaling should work).

Yep. Same here. Always good to share all perspectives.

Honestly, watching the lengths people would go to to avoid those taxes would be a fascinating economic study though. Amassing trade goods to avoid having straight monetary assets, spreading it out across multiple accounts at strategic gold levels to stay inside the lower tax brackets, etc.

2 Likes

It should remain in the game. Removing it is garbage. Let anyone who gets it before the Shadowlands pre-patch have a feat of strength achieve to keep 'em happy. But don’t take it away from everyone else. You didn’t remove the Panda vendor mount so why remove this one?

And no, being on the black market AH isn’t an acceptable alternative. Not hardly.

12 Likes