Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

There’s not enough data to be meaningful. How many PTR realms?

Watch them recolor it and put it in the store for maximum salt.

I’m just going to pop on for fun to see if it shows up on a realm everyday, but I’m not going to be serious about it. It does at least still drop from crates in retail so it’s not a major, major concern for now.

If they were smart, they would have made an undead one for SL.

Why was this necro’d, again?

Long Boi took me 3 months of no-lifing the AH with TSM back when lockdowns started (can’t believe covid is 2 years old already!) and honestly completely changed how I play wow now I don’t think I can really go back to not using TSM anymore in this game just having millions of gold at any given time is really nice I can fund my guilds raiding basically all myself.

A Blue confirmed it was never removed from the BMAH rotation.

No, that’s not what that post is saying.

The blue is saying they do not see any indication it was removed (which also implies there was no intent to remove it). The rest of the post makes it obvious that the lack of indication is based on documented notes.

The CS blues (and GMs) do not have access to actual loot tables to confirm anything. It’s evident the blue isn’t entirely certain either, because they basically said what I said in that thread numerous times, and that was to post in Bug Reports about it if people feel there’s a bug.

QA/developers are the only ones who can actually determine if it was removed or not. That CS thread produced exactly what I expected it would.

I am glad to see the blue didn’t take the nasty approach that others took, which was along the lines of “shut up” when someone was simply seeking help. That forum needs some serious help for being “the most moderated forum”.

3 Likes

Good to know, thanks. Yeah, that post seemed kind of off to me. He says there’s no indication, but he had no access to the loot tables, and he’s encouring people to make a thread if they think there’s a bug.

No problem. Don’t forget you’re free to follow up with that blue for clarification on how they sourced that lack of indication; maybe I’ll be proven wrong, but it’s been parroted in that forum so many times that the blues can’t see loot tables or anything that I would hope it’s fact at this point.

1 Like

Well, the follow-up respomse confirmed what you were saying.

1 Like

Glad I got this before they removed it.

1 Like

The lengths people go to in order to try to discredit everything said, even if it aligns with what the blues are saying, just boggles my mind.

Anyways, hopefully more people make more bug reports or post to the existing threads.

2 Likes

makes me wonder if they do it just for fun or because FOMO and they dont want people getting it out of some petty fomo ego.

Humanbeak is there a way to contact you id love having a conversation with you .

You’d probably come out angrier than those who continue to their efforts to discredit others while changing their tune.

Proof fun is being killed

Apparently because people actually do still care.

I’d be okay with this, but I’d rather they put one for sale on a vendor, even if they keep it at 5mil. Since their stated reason for removing it in the first place was they didn’t want to see mobile AH’s become “common” like the mammoth from Wrath, the obvious solution would be to remove the AH from the Brutosaur. At least, that would be MY obvious solution. Obviously, it’s NOT Blizzard’s obvious solution.

I don’t think Blizzard would be able to deal with the crap storm this would create. It was bad enough this was the first gold, especially with a unique function, mount that got removed because… they wanted to drive wow token sales for fomo players? Oh they didn’t want AH’s to be common… But they made it so LITERALLY ANYONE COULD GET IT AS GOLD BUYING IS NOW LEGAL IN THEIR TOS.

(And I’m not complaining/biased, I bought it, before they even said it was going away((best 5 mill gold I ever spent)), it is to my benefit as it makes my purchase more justified).

Yeah and create an even BIGGER CRAP STORM. Do you have any idea how bothered people were when the transmog/forge yak lost it’s forge? Even though it got replaced with vendoring (anyone with the mammoth had)? It was chaos.

Now imagine taking the auction house from people who spent 5,000,000 gold. Even if you replace that with a transmog vendor, you’re going to get people to unsub en masse (legit if I don’t get a 5 million gold refund I’m unsubbing for that sort of move).

So it’s REALLY good you don’t make the calls at Blizzard, but it wouldn’t shock me if they hired you…

3 Likes

I think they’re saying to add a new Brutosaur to a vendor without an Auction House.

4 Likes

Indeed. There are many colors of Brutosaur that exist already, any of them could become a multi-rider mount without disturbing the AH Brutosaur in any way.

4 Likes

I know

1 Like