Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

Care to share how to make 2.5 million gold in just a couple of weeks??

I have the mount and still think this whole thing is a mistake.

1 Like

I refused to buy it simply out of spite. I’m not going to reward shameless FOMO exploitation tactics such as these!

If I could have earned it in my own time, i would have bought it. Now though, I wouldn’t buy it even if the Prize Patrol came by and made the cost of tokens seem like peanuts.

If Blizz makes a non-AH version available on the vendors, I’ll work at buying it. But I’m so annoyed by their decision to move the MCB to the BMAH that I wouldn’t buy it from there even if I could.

3 Likes

So, it looks like October 13 is the cut off for all those still trying to grind the gold for this baby. Good luck to you all! :+1:

4 Likes

Anyone still working on this, you have until October 13th to get the Brutosaur before it moves to the BMAH.

2 Likes

I primarily sell crafted transmog and glyphs. Most stuff doesn’t sell quickly, but the key with transmog is to have a lot of different items posted at once.

Enjoy the Brutosaur song! it’s so cute!

First ~1m30s (rest of the video is the streamer talking)

1 Like

Well, I am now the owner of a mighty caravan brutosaur. Took a bit longer than I expected, but got there. I do hope they add in a non-ah version. Removing it from the vendor because of a feature put in by devs just means it should never have had the feature to begin with tbh.

3 Likes

Congratulations, Vox!

I don’t know about you, but it was really a slog to hurry to obtain it!

I am also a big opposer to those who say it will go for cap every time (as in I think like adaea, I know you’re on the other side of the theory).

As one who used the BMAH a lot and got several expensive mounts for relative pennies, I think the brutosaur can go for 1-2-3-4 mil on the smallest realms and might go for more than the vendor price on high pops and depending on circumstances might end up capped there.

However I agree with the idea that an item like this might be over time capped, it all depends on the state of inflation obviously, but take for example the zulian tiger from zg: when it was introduced to BMAH in early wod I believe, it was going for a few hundred thousands, even if cap was 1 mil, later on it became commonplace to cap it, so 953k minimum at the time, along with other worthy and not so worthy (invincible) mounts.

Then in legion with 10 mil cap, it started going for 1,something, or a few millions but very rarely got capped at the time, even if legion was the strongest expansion for gold generation, but I presume (stopped checking) capping became a bit more common place again later in that expansion.

In bfa there was deflation and I’ve seen tigers go for a handful of millions till like 2019, however for the most part of 2020 I’ve seen them go for 10 mil on every single realm I’ve seen them on.

So it’s definitely possible it gets gold capped reguarly later on, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t around the corner.

As for the starting bid, there’s ofc the risk it’s 5 mil, but I honestly would think 80% chance on 20k, 20% on 5 mil, or maybe a little less and throw in an 1% for a new starting price like 500k, which only happened for the sunglasses so far.

Keep in mind the concept of the bmah is letting players bid fight for hot items, I have a hard time seeing a 5 mil starting bid, which goes against that purpose.

If I were you I would check the BMAH for a while, to see how much it goes for, 3 mil or however much you stockpiled might give you a chance.

Personally this is what I’ll do: I have a lot of gold across realms but only 2 realms with over 5 mil, one of them has 7,5, it’s my richest, I want to buy it on that one without learning it, on a char I don’t use much, the last day before pre patch ofc, and I will NOT learn it, I’ll just keep it in inventory, tested already and you can sell it back in 2h played, these hours don’t expire if you’re logged off.

And then I will check how the situation is on BMAH, especially the starting price, but say it’s 20k, obviously I’ll need to take a look at the ending price, if it’s reasonably lower than 5 mil I will wait and when it comes on a realm I have enough I’ll get it, then sell back the one I kept in inventory, if the starting bid is 5 mil or lower but it regularly goes above 5 I guess I’ll just learn the one I get from vendor.

1 Like

That’s only if it doesn’t start at 5 mil. The other mounts on there are drop mounts or were otherwise achievable through gameplay before they were retired. The bruto is the first gold sink that will be on there.

1 Like

I’m not so sure that Blizz won’t link the BMAH to all realms, so it won’t matter what realm you’re on when you bid. I think it would be great if mounts like the Brutosaur actually went for less than cap, but I’m not holding my breath. There’s also the issue of when and how often the Brutosaur will show up. They said it was moving to the BMAH, but they never said when. Call me pessimistic, I guess.

3 Likes

The pre-expansion notes say it’s moving to the BMAH with the pre-patch.

But they’re also changing the BMAH so it’s only usable by max level characters.

1 Like

Oh, that’s not going to be too popular of a change for those that play the AH on multiple servers.

I noticed that, too. I wonder how much of a problem that’s going to be for folks. The real question I have though, is am I still max level when the patch hits and I’m squished to 50?

And then, when Shadowlands drops, no one can use the BMAH until they hit 60? So, maybe the folks who say the MCB will be cheaper on the BMAH are right, because people aren’t all going to level up at the same time. But of course, we have no idea when the MCB will show up on the BMAH, or how often. Twice a year (for instance) will help it remain “exclusive”-- and keep the price up.

I’m still hoping for a non-AH model on the vendors. I don’t need a mobile AH, but I really would like to earn a sauropod mount.

1 Like

I said this in my post, about the starting bid being important and that it could be 5 mil, but I give it a low chance.

Indeed, bruto is first mount that has a vendor price on there.

1 Like

This doesn’t make much sense, why would they link the BMAH to all realms?

Obviously, if it happens, it’ll drive up most stuff to gold cap, but I find it unreasonable, atm we have around 90 BMAH per region, and we always had BMAH separate depending on realms throughout mop, wod, legion and bfa, that’s a big and sudden jump, isn’t it?

And yes, obviously the max level restriction is gonna help keeping the price low, less people raising the price with gold on trial characters or on level 1s.

1 Like

Why did they link horde and alliance AH’s? Why have they merged servers (and their respective AH’s)? Why does Blizz do anything?

I’m not a programmer, but I suspect everything they’ve done with the AH has been to make it run more efficiently for them. The reason they’re moving the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur to the BMAH isn’t to make it more “exclusive”, it’s to keep the AH running smoothly even when folks are accessing it from everywhere.

Believe me, if merging the AH’s (BMAH or regular ones) makes the AH’s run more efficiently (with less human oversight), Blizz will do it in a heartbeat. However, if merging them is too much trouble for little return, they won’t bother.

1 Like

Better for the realm economy, especially as all the items are used by the realms’ inhabitants. This was done years and years ago.

2 Likes