Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1 (Part 1)

Such a stupid decision, and I don’t even care about getting the mount!

18 Likes

Convenience. I don’t need it but I’d rather have it than not have it. My space heater has a remote control, it’s 6 feet away from me but guess who never gets up to press the on button when he’s cold :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Except for the part where Blizzard confirmed it is true. And tried to be clever about it.

17 Likes

Well, that’s good for you I suppose. Not possible for me to make that much in a year, and I ain’t buying the tokens to sell, so. :woman_shrugging:

Still seems dumb to add artificial scarcity to a mount that’s meant to drain huge chunks of gold out of the economy…

16 Likes

An easy counter point to this is that there are no other AH-less Brutosaur mounts in-game.

5 Likes

It took several expansions for the Grand Mammoth to become common. Same for the Expedition Yak, in fact i know several people who still don’t have one.

Both are still around and haven’t been eliminated. If you want to make it “prestigious” then it still takes years at the current rate of inflation for people to drop a dime and not care.

Cancelling it mid expac is clearly a token move.

67 Likes

Good thing I got that mount long ago. But what is the reason we are removing it from the vendor?

4 Likes

PLEASE DON’T DO THIS! It’s not fair to the people who can’t farm 24/7 to obtain it, or otherwise shell out $500. This was a mount created to be a gold sink, not scarcity unless that was the original intentions devs had to boost token sells. I’ve yet to have more then 1.5million ever.

37 Likes

:hushed: ooooohhh, inc: spectral brutosaur.

1 Like

To make people buy tons of tokens worth $500 and cash out in desperation.

1 token = $20. Let’s say price is 200k…

You need 23 tokens. 23*20=$460.

9 Likes

Why on earth would you all do this? I have been hoarding gold like a miser all expansion just to get it and am only at just past 3 million. This is one of the many terrible decisions that the development team makes that continues to alienate players and punish casuals who don’t constantly play the auction house.

52 Likes

Isn’t it obvious why they’re doing this? Retail is in dire straits and so they have to pull stunts like this to recoup money to make up for all wo have unsubscribed.

14 Likes

Part of me thinks this wasn’t the developers that made this decision lol.

7 Likes

I can’t wait until Taliesin tries to tell us why this is a good thing.

34 Likes

No… the:

oNlY bEcUz SeLl ToKeNz :rage:

part.

-__-

1 Like

Shame on you, Blizzard.

28 Likes

This is going to be interesting.

1 Like

Sorry i won’t be scaremongered into spending $700AUD on a virtual mount i don’t even really own.

18 Likes

I imagine they are doing it to help drive the price of that token down.

Wow, this is a really scummy thing to do.

33 Likes