Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1 (Part 1)

This line of thought is kind of silly I hope you do realize, Mythic raiding doesn’t affect me and I still sympathized with the master loot debate 'cause I had an open mind about things.

5 Likes

Then you wouldn’t be one of those people… What’s your point? Did I say all people? No, I didn’t.

No you did not, but the train of thought is flawed as a whole.

3 Likes

They are giving people a 9+ month heads up that it’s being removed. Anyone who want’s it can figure out a way to get it in that amount of time.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree with that point but that wasn’t the crux of your initial statement either. A lot of the complaints are coming from people that already own the mount, it’s the idea of removing another piece of the game for what amounts to as “reasons.”

3 Likes

Blizzard gave a reason, you just don’t like it.

1 Like

It had nothing to do with not liking it and more to do with it’s a nonsensical reason. Not only is their reason easily done while still maintaining the model in game, it still never addresses the issue of the fact every other similar mount is still available in game on their respective vendors.

5 Likes

And they said they don’t like that the mammoth became just like any other mount due to inflation. This prevents that.

Yet the 2 million gold spider is still available.

Another unique model I might add.

4 Likes

No vendors and frankly not very popular.

Which just goes back to what myself and others have said, “why not just remove the vendor and keep the model?” People with the vendor get their unique version while the model remains available for people that want to ride around on a giant dinosaur. It also retains the gold sink function considering, as you yourself say, a ton of people are still not going to have the gold to afford it so the price point remains a lofty goal.

6 Likes

Well, considering AHs in garrisons were easy to get, it’s a pretty stupid reason.

5 Likes

Having an AH in your garrison is wildly different then having an AH you can summon any time you want. The one in your garrison is basically no different then just going to Org or SW now.

Different argument entirely, but sure. There probably should’ve been a cheaper one, like around the spider price point, that was vendorless and probably a little smaller from the very beginning.

Except that you can basically “summon” it anytime, as you have a special hearth stone to take you there, and you don’t populate a capitol city that way either. So any reason they have to remove the availability of this mount they would also have to remove the garrison AH.

2 Likes

How is that a different argument? The spider has no vendor so put in a dino with no vendor lol.

8 Likes

There’s a difference, sure. Just not a meaningful one.

3 Likes

I’m saying that its a different argument that there should be a vendorless dino vs they shouldn’t remove the current one. I agree, there should be a vendorless Bruto, and there shouldve been one from the start.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how you can make this argument when Blizzard admitted they were worried that they’d be more commonplace in a few years due to gold inflation and the past track record of these utility mounts.

These mounts always seem out of reach for most when they are current, but Blizzard is specifically addressing something they don’t want to occur in the future. If it was so unobtainable to the point where very few could every afford it, now or later, then Blizzard’s reasoning for removing it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, does it?

4 Likes

You are wrong, littlefoot changes the way you play the game gold wise.