Looks like random BGs still award conquest

I am also pretty sure he’s using ubiquitous wrong in general lol… I could be wrong though.

It’s better than bfa 100%. The amount is up for debate. Still not tbc-wod for me though.

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better go read the arena forums where they are upset that they are going to be forced to do content they don’t want to do to get gear at a reasonable rate in order to compete against PvErs. :wink:

All of the sudden they don’t want gear being the main factor in PvP outcomes. Funny that.

9 Likes

3 item levels
Unranked conquest gear = 200
Max upgraded honor gear = 197
(and not until renown 22 / week 7 LOL)

The tooltips on the vendor suggest that unranked conquest gear is not able to be upgraded.
The cost of the conquest gear appears that it will take week(s) to get one piece of gear depending on item.

You mean this isnt the best system ever because a StReAmEr that plays the game as a job told me so?
/s

I honestly consider it to be worse than the BFA system.

--------random bgs:

• No item level normalization
  • No matchmaking
  • Nothing to prevent pugs vs premades
  • Arena/RatedBG players incentivized to do random bgs with a hugeeeee gear advantage (and bring friends.)
4 Likes

So we are clear. I can get conquest gear (eventually) doing only random BGs? Then I can just get a 1400 rating (easy) and upgrade that gear?

This is the dream for me. I don’t mind doing rated pvp I just hate arena.

So I can get conquest gear doing minimal arena (just getting 1440).

2 Likes

This was never a real thing to begin with.

You are right but I’ll take this. I couldn’t care less about the vault tbh I just wanted a competitive ilvl.

I’ll take my 200ilvl gear in random BGs do the minimum amount of rated pvp to get 1400 so I can upgrade that gear.

1 Like

No you don’t. Level to 55 by questing then spam bgs with threads of fate til 60. You will ding 60 with capped honor and be insta 160 something ilvl.
It’s what I’m doing on all my alta.

2 Likes

Doing that right now, you aren’t that far behind, but later on, even dinging 60 and getting full honor gear immediately isn’t going to put you on a great level when BGs are full of people in 220+ gear.

I’m doing that on multiple alts currently (have a paladin that’s 15k capped and a priest pretty close already), but if I were to do it on an alt in a couple months I wouldn’t enjoy PvPing in that gear.

Their is no end to the complaining

3 Likes

Well yeah but that’s always the case. Being 165 vs 220 is much better than being 130 vs 220. You can’t expect to be 200+ the second you hit 60.

1 Like

It’s actually perfectly valid criticism in a game where some people think PvP should be about PvP and not gear.

2 Likes

It’s really not though. It’s still an mmo game before it’s a pvp game.

You wouldn’t argue for dinging 60 and immediately doing tier 8 torghast or mythic raiding either.

The game at it’s core is about creating a toon and making him stronger over time.

4 Likes

There have been better compromises in the past where catching up was faster or not dependent on rating or PvE gear to get on an even playing field. They keep trying to re-invent the wheel and now it’s square shaped for some reason.

1 Like

Catching up will be very fast. Months from now your conquest cap will be basically unreachable you will be ilvl 200 from unrated gear as fast as it takes you to get conquest.

I was in the boat of hating the system when it required rated to earn conquest. Now it doesn’t .

Anyone still unsatisfied is just complaining cause they like to complain.

1 Like

Okay. The weekly conquest cap is 550 and conquest items are 525-900 in cost.

“Missing” your conquest cap just increases the cap.
You dont earn points “quicker,” it’s still the same amount of “games.”

And when youre at a gear disadvantage it will suck, hard.
Doesnt sound like catchup to me.

You can’t reach honor gear 197 until week 7 which is like a month away.

People can do normal and heroic raid tomorrow. So a mix of 200/213 gear.
(/edit and last 2 bosses are 207/220)
Plus whatever M+ gear they may get.
Meanwhile PVPers can buy one conquest piece next week if it is cheap enough.

Sounds like a joke.

5 Likes

Awesome news!!! I wonder how much conquest you get from regular BGs and epic BGs. must be a tiny amount… ?

We went from thinking that unrated players could earn 197 honor gear to learning that unrated players can earn 200 conquest gear… and people actually have the gall to come in here and say we’re moving goal posts LOL.

On the other hand, this is good news because we can just touch 1400, 1600, whatever and finish our conquest sets with the content we actually like participating in. That’s better than having to routinely play rated.

I don’t particularly care that we don’t get vault rewards (not like we did in BfA either) but unrated conquest ought to be upgradable to 213 rather than 200 (heroic raid rather than normal raid).

8 Likes

All I wanted is a way to earn base level CQ gear. I actually don’t mind that upgrading it requires doing rated.

3 Likes

Maybe they changed the vault rewards to work with normal honor too… we’ll find out in a few hours I guess.

Same here. Minimal rated pvp required to upgrade gear. This system is fine if you just like to bg.