Looks like Blizzard has found the way

Sort of, alot of what people want are scrapped content like apparently there was going to bea 40 man scarlet monastery raid which sounds cool hyjal was supposed to be apart of classic launch as well as karazan i think too stuff like that.

Retail has that

Says who?

Retail has that.

Again says who?

It’s a game with a Massive number of players in a persistent world.

It has many options for Multiplayer activities

And it’s online.

So . . .

2 Likes

Anything that doesn’t explicitly start with “Classic” in that poll is Retail (maybe with the exception of “Other”).

As noted it’s a flawed poll for various reason including but not limited to:
a) Forum population is likely not representative of in-game population
b) Wording of choices may allow for overlap in categorizing differences
c) A single player can vote multiple times

However, it’s the closest thing to Blizz-sanctioned hard data on the popularity of Retail vs Classic. You could look at the number of Warcraft Raid Logs uploaded from each variant, but not everybody raids, and M+ (the most popular choice in that poll) doesn’t have a Raider IO equivalent for Classic to compare against Retail (which is about 2.4M unique players).

1 Like

Zen and the art of MMORPG maintenance

I find the Alliance players’ thing with hogger to be fascinating. I’ve never even seen the original hogger in-game, just the countless fan service since, which I’ve never understood.

He is the first elite mob you encounter as Alliance. In vanilla it required a full group (tank, healer, dps) to kill him.

He was really tough and a big accomplishment.

The point is that in classic you know exactly what you need to do to down him. There is no learning. No accomplishment. Killing him leaves you feeling empty. It’s an indicator of what’s to come if you keep playing classic.

It really defines why the classic experience is so inferior to Vanilla and retail for that matter.

1 Like

This is the most smooth brain thing I’ve ever read.

No matter the game, customization is ALWAYS a win.

And every MMO I’ve played has a LARGE swath with more either as cash shop items or in game rewards. Which news flash, you realize Mog is technically a customization as well.

1 Like

Geezus this Sendryn person has a history of being very condescending :rofl:

2 Likes

hahaha, right?

1 Like

And cries when you poke back :joy:

1 Like

Great 8 month necro that adds nothing to the conversation.

While I appreciate many of yall are unable to communicate with out targeting and insulting others. Dont make it your entire persona.

Yes mam I will do as you say :+1:

2 Likes

why so condescending

2 Likes