Looks like another ban wave happened

https:// imgur. com/a/Rf6EXMx

We love to see these

“had a good run almost hit 2500” imagine being proud of a rating you paid a bot to get for you on an account you paid for the paid bot to play after losing both of them. I don’t think a bigger loser can exist. I have infinitely more respect for hardstuck 1200 players, at least they’re trying.

27 Likes

Good riddance.

3 Likes

We love to see this :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Blizzard can do everything but balance PVP apparently.

and tbh, can’t even be mad they did a massive bot banwave

3 Likes

It’s kind of shocking that they’re so casual about cheating, like it’s no big deal to them.

That someone would get 5 licenses on the same battlenet account and be surprised that they all got banned is interesting to me. Was blizzard only banning licenses before? To me it seems like if they catch you cheating on one game, it should ban the entire blizzard account.

While I’m glad they got banned, these threads always make me wonder just how widespread the botting is.

Edit: a couple of the comments in that album seem to imply people have been using certain types of bots for a very long time without being banned. Which if true, implies either blizzard turned a blind eye to them or had a long term lack of detection.

8 Likes

This is great to see.

Agree.

Agree again.

Same.

My thoughts as well. Overall just reminds me of how disgusting so many WoW players are. Will grind non-stop to exploit a temporary bug with gearing, keep certain macros secret for years, buy multiple accounts to keep cheating on, blatantly lie on the forums about false bans, etc. Truly despicable behavior.

6 Likes

Kinda strange they NOW DO THIS at the very damn end of the season

1 Like

Prepare for stage 2 where our heroes come to the WoW forums and make excuses. I didn’t know the rest of my team was cheating but I wasn’t. I only booted with it once and immediately deleted it. My little brother played it when I wasn’t around, you can’t prove it was me. Or my new favorite, I was a customer for 20 years I should be allowed to bot consequence free.

3 Likes

According to some people bots don’t exist on the ladder though.

8 Likes

Check CS board thats where theyll go for the show

Who are you?

5 Likes

I really enjoy watching the same meat sticks that deny this is a thing all season coming into these threads to say it’s good that it happened. Not you, obv.

That being said, you can almost count on a ban wave every time there is a bnet sale. Like in D3 the botting community knew that before they wrote the bot. Blizzard only does the proper thing when it benefits them financially.

People thinking this is corperate doing the right thing… just lol.

3 Likes

Why bother paying a sub for a robot to play your account? I’m so confused by that concept.

8 Likes

Either for people to buy the account to flex the false rewards or to bot to rewards and flex their false rewards

I guess I’d rather suck at Duelist and earn it myself then watch Optimus Prime playing my Hunter to Elite and not actually achieve it individually.

14 Likes

Well lets hope blizzard put these decepticons back in their place and removed them from ladder.

3 Likes

“Freedom is not the right to all sentient beings, especially cheaters and hackers”

— Optimus Jim

7 Likes

My guess is there a range in which how intrusive these bots are and to that degree is how they are detected. So if it’s a simple task the bot is accomplishing, one which is within the range of human capability, it’s probably going to fly under the radar.

I know Blizzard has said many times that they try to ban in mass waves to catch as many culprits as possible, but it’s hard to ignore the monetary gain from keeping these players interested. So, despite everything, these players keep coming back. The get a few months of player or longer, maybe years, then finally get banned. So it’s just enough that problem doesn’t impact most players on a day to day sense, but enough to make sure the game isn’t overwhelmed.

There is no way they don’t have better early detection of these exploits. For example… how are they not tracking how many actions perf moment these bots are making. That alone should be sufficient enough cause for them to look if a player is cheating. Like the bots that are out there farming the hyper spawns. They are doing 360 no scopes for hours and the system isn’t intelligent enough to see that? Also… WHY do they keep putting hyper spawns in the game??

Same is true for arena. If someone is getting kicks in .01 or less consistently… it’s probably a bot.

Probably to mitigate damage of end season rewards while not impacting their bottomline toooo much.

1 Like

The robot banning department does not care about this

1 Like

Ptty sure bots damage the TOP line more than the bottom line

If it was a problem financially it would change immediately. About 15-16 years ago there was a discussion on the forums about cheating relative to Everquest and how the WoW devs understood that coming down to hard on cheating could be detrimental to the game. I wish I could find the discussion, but the short of it was that being too quick to ban players or punish botters resulted in a net loss for the game. I’m sure financially they want to string these players along as much as they can. My guess would be these players are also paying for boosts more then the average player.

So you get banned, make a new account, boost a new toon, then start over. Get 3-6 months, maybe a year (maybe longer), then you get banned. Rinse and repeat. Just a guess though. Clearly these people are not dissuaded by a ban or two.