Looks like a lot of people dissatisfied with the game have left the forums

The forums used to have a lot of posts about feedback and things to do to improve the game. Now it seems pretty barren. My account has about a month left on it (had a six month auto resub derp derp).

I don’t know if thats necessarily good. There were a lot of good ideas that might of had some impact. Particularly with the non generic item rewards coming from the new raid. Keep it coming.

Personally I would blow up the whole itemization system, less loot, more meaningful and character changing. Itemization in the game has turned into: Generic bracers + numbers = loot. Its like the hardest time blizz has in designing rewards is coming up with the name of the item.

I wish I could whisper in all the Devs ear to just mimic the depth and complexity of Path of Exile in regards to character development, then just enjoy all the $$$ coming in. And stop worrying about balance too! Luckily it looks like blizz is shifting away from E-Sports (Thank God), so less anal tuning for things to be perfect in Arena. Have 2 completely different trees if you have to for Arena PVP, but don’t gimp the rest of the game for E-Sport Arena tuning.

16 Likes

They didn’t just leave forums they left the game and it sucks.

Even at only a few weeks into a new tier it’s getting to be a lot harder to find people for raids or dungeons.

I was in a Normal BoD with some friends a few weeks ago and we sat in queue for over 10 minutes without a single person signing up.

This was for a group that already had 2 tanks, 2 healers, 5+ dps and no minimum ilevel requirement.

Normally a group like that would be flooded with applicants especially on a weekend night but at least on Alliance side and even during prime time the pug scene is nearly dead.

At this point I am legitimately upset because if it’s this dead at the start of the tier it’s going to be awful in the middle and end.

39 Likes

Bought the boat?

It’s nothing you anyone but Blizzard can measure. Just because there’s less people complaining on the forums doesn’t mean the game is fixed or that everyone who’s playing WOW is happy or that there’s millions upon millions of subscribers.

I’m a good example. I’ve been playing WOW on and off since 2005. I’m a hardcore fan and player. But even I’m not completely satisfied with BFA. There are many things I like and dislike. I also don’t go out of my way to complain about things. There’s so many variable there.

3 Likes

I’m paid up for another year through tokens which they wont refund you…lol.

Once the token is used for time that’s it unless you stay out of the game for 3 months or more.

I did wanna take a break til they fix bugs and stuff but whatever.

I’ll just log in to make some gold and log out again until i get my wow rhythm back and feel like dealing with the bugs again i suppose.

I’m not edgy enough to hate the game. I’m still unjoying it.

11 Likes

It definitely feels like alliance side dried up. Getting a tank for a m10 can take 30+ minutes, and recruiting is much harder now. The end of bfa is going to feel like a desert. Maybe it’s better hordeside I’m not sure but to say this game is not dying is to be naive at this point.

2 Likes

Anecdotally, even my friends who have played since vanilla barely log on. I can see them on Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm instead, but it still sucks. I can’t even get a mythic 0 ran without pugging these days.

3 Likes

I don’t necessarily enjoy tanking, but since TBC I’ve always maintained a raid-ready alt tank to make group content go by easier. This expansion I wanted to main a tank for the first time ever…and it lasted about 10 seconds. First choice was DH and second was warrior. Whatever they did to tanking this expansion, it sucks.

My biggest gripe (I think this is just me), whats with all the “knock around” effects on trash mobs? I feel like I’m on Rheinhardt trying to push a choke here, just nonstop mob spam knocking me around and displacing me.

4 Likes

This is nice, the game is dying, players are divided more than ever with TF & ML, Classic and Current will divide the playerbase too, not to mention FFXIV playerbase keep growing with all these WOW refugees.

I hope this will continue, other MMO is doing good job pulling people out of WOW, we can help by pushing player out of WOW.

4 Likes

I agree tbh. Poor design decisions annoy me so much that there seems to be some justice in the game failing.

14 Likes

Yeah. There’s way too much of a focus on interrupts in BfA.

4 Likes

Loads and loads of quality feedback on the BFA Beta forums. If Blizz wants to use it, they know where its at. I, for one, am not convinced that they value feedback from the players. They seem perfectly happy to continue their hubris driven design cycles followed metrics based reactions while treating QA and player feedback as just noise.

14 Likes

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been an expansion you have been completely, 100% satisfied with?

3 Likes

Its amazing how the majority of the “I hate WoW” threads are started by the same few people.

3 Likes

Yeah I think I was completely satisfied with Burning Crusade. If not, Wrath of the Lich King. Those expansions were extraordinary. And they each perhaps had their flaws but the positives extremely outweighed the negatives in my estimation.

2 Likes

Almost as amazing as you never missing a chance to white knight.

15 Likes

Yet I clearly said nothing in defense of Blizzard.

White Knighting is just a buzzword people throw around for anyone that doesnt agree with whoever is constantly whining and complaining and throwing the latest temper tantrum about anything related to WoW

4 Likes

The events leading up to Wrath were fun. I remember people turning into zombies and running around in Orgrimmar destroying the npcs and pissing people off. That was so funny.

3 Likes

OR maybe a lot of people have now become satisfied with the game. :grinning:

3 Likes