Looking for adaptive needs help

Hi, I had a devastating stroke 2 years ago, and have no use of my right hand. I have learned of some voice software which could help but wanted to make sure it wasn’t tagged for being a bot or for third-party violations. It is called Tazti speech recognition software. If it is in violation, is there a product that you recommend? I find the latest expansion tough, with my activity restriction. But it is fun. Obviously, I’m currently quite restricted with what I can do. I’d love to participate in more content.

1 Like

I’d suggest taking a look at this Support Article. I know it doesn’t do anything immediately, but that is the best I know of, unless anyone else knows more than I.

3 Likes

While each gaming company has their own rules, there are some great adaptive methods out there! This is the current policy on software that broadcasts between accounts.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-software/707426

Blizz will never approve software they don’t make or control.

Most adaptive software sends one signal to just a single game client. I also can’t approve it. Just look carefully.

Also there are fantastic websites out there for helping gamers adapt controls. I know ablegamers is one of the more common ones.

3 Likes

I would definitely take the opportunity to send an e-mail through the address provided in Nightdrakon’s post. I’ve seen a handful of other players who are limited for varying reasons who have posted here before being pointed to the Accessibility team, and I’ve seen those posters come back with their thanks and how they had been helped.

It does say that you’re not really guaranteed a response, but it doesn’t hurt to try. Also I know the SFA team cannot give explicit yay or nays to specific software or add-ons that may or may not be in breach, but the Accessibility team may be able to be a little more knowledgable or insightful as that is their particular jam.

However it turns out, I do wish you luck!

2 Likes

Have you looked as something like a left-handed gamepad? Link below is an example of one.
https://www.razer.com/gaming-keypads/razer-tartarus-v2/RZ07-02270100-R3U1

It might be a bit costly but could help in addition to voice software.

1 Like