Looking for a Guild/Community

I quit playing WoW for a while because I just didn’t have any luck when it came to finding a stable guild that also wanted to actually play the game with me. I made it to level 53 and ended up just getting insanely bored doing solo quests, so I decided to just give up.

I still want to play the game, especially since TBC was my favorite expansion and I am looking forward to it. However, I don’t want to return to the game unless I can finally find a decent guild that is stable enough to do PvE content and social enough to actually hang out and play the game with me.

In most guilds I made the effort to go into Discord, get to know everyone, chat consistently and be on during the active hours. When I was a lower level I knew I would be on my own, but as I made it closer to 50 and beyond, I still couldn’t get anyone to do dungeons, world PvP, or anything else. All of the guilds I joined just wanted to GDKP raids and nothing else. It honestly made me not even look forward to hitting level 60, because I wouldn’t even be able to go to those raids since I wouldn’t have any gear or gold to buy gear.

This is my attempt to reach out across the entire wow classic forum community and try to find a guild that actually cares about fostering a healthy community and enjoys playing the game… like a game. I am not interested in GDKP raids or collecting buffs just to log out. However, with that said, I am also not expecting the guild to be doing speed runs or take me to the hardest content. I am not looking to be carried, I just want people to actually play the game with. The way I see it, there is no point in playing an MMO if there is no one to do anything with.

So, if you have a guild or know of a guild that meets this criteria, please reach out to me. Right now I am on Sulfuras, but I am willing to transfer to any server. I am even willing to transfer from a PvP server to a PvE server if I feel the guild would be worth it.

To be clear, here is a short list of what I really want from a guild:

1. Have a stable, active core group of people who play the game and don’t have a tight clique that is almost impossible to be a part of. I don’t want to just be another random raid logging face in the crowd.

2. Be willing to actually play the game with each other. Do dungeons, quest together, PvP together, etc.

3. Willing to let me tag along to older classic raids that are not GDKP, assuming I can do the requisite work of collecting gear suitable for the content. In the future, when TBC releases, I also want to raid consistently through the content as it is released. We don’t have to progress quickly, just as long as we eventually get it done and move on.

Here is what I can give back to the guild:

1. Socialize with other guild members appropriately and help contribute to a friendly and fun environment.

2. Show up to raids as prepared as possible, but I do not want to raid log or go through extremes to achieve this.

I look forward to any response I get. Thank you for taking the time to read this incoherent mess of a rant.

What server? If you want to transfer you need to do it before the 30th

Reroll Alliance on Faerlina Fusion has a spot for you

Most guilds suck. It’s really that simple. They have terrible leadership. Dumb rules. Bigoted, or heavily biased members. A vast majority of guilds are filled with selfish players who only stick around so long as they’re getting what they want. They don’t help people, or think they should have to.

We’re also the stage of the game where you’ can’t really expect people to want to do dungeons between level 50-60. They did it all months ago. The most you can hope for is help with your onyxia quest chain, or attunements.

Good guilds do exist, but there exceptionally rare, and even then they still aren’t perfect. You’d likely have to humble yourself a bit to join such a guild and lower your expectations.

Could you please give me an example of how I could humble myself to better achieve my goal?

I’ll be honest with you, I don’t think I am asking for anything too spectacular here. I am just trying to find a guild that actually enjoys the game and wants to play with their members. My only real restrictions are GDKP can’t be the focus and I don’t want to be all alone while everyone raid logs.

If you can provide me some constructive feedback that would allow me to humble myself, I will gladly do it. I am just not sure which part of what I am looking for need to be toned down.

Hey there Cosplay.
First off, welcome back. Many people have taken a break from the WoW setting for one reason or another and it happens faster the second time 'round because, very simply put, the content is not new. It is well known, but still loved.

I hope you can forgive my laziness because I am just going to copy and paste a little I wrote about our guild in another thread to someone. It is out of context because the reason for the thread and the conversation about the guild was not in an effort to convince anyone to join in. It was merely informative.

I appreciate what you bring to the table. If this is something that interests you please hit me up. Be advised; however, the gang and I fully intend to roll on “fresh” TBC servers without boosting and without cash shop conveniences if any sort of ruleset like this is provided. We have been adamant in our desire. If not, we are still considering where to go as a gang but Sulfuras seems like where most of us are currently leaning.

Thanks for the response. I would definitely be interested in joining a guild like you described. Additionally, I would also rather play on fresh TBC servers if they are offered, so I have no problem with that. In fact, I really hope it happens.

Do you have a Discord server I could join and talk to you a little more about the guild?

Indeed I do. Many of us are quiet there right now as we goof around on other games and some of us quietly prepare for TBC in our own way but you are certainly welcome to come chill with us, play classic, or other games with us, and discuss our plans for TBC as well.

Create a character on Sulfuras if it is convenient for you now and message Gorrith, I will give you a link there.

pagle pve alliance /thread :slight_smile: