Long boi why's it going away?

Same reason MT went away.

To give people a prestige reward and keep them subbed

A combination of two reasons:

1. There’s this idiotic belief that “retiring” mounts, pets, and appearances makes them more prestigious and rewarding to long time players.

2. If you have time-limited exclusives, players will never feel as if they can comfortably step away from the game, driving up subscriptions.

It’s dumb and worse than that, predatory.

1 Like

Because you all refuse to spell boy with a y.

3 Likes

You say predatory, I say shareholder value.

It isn’t likely that a publicly held company will divert resources to building a long term healthy game and economy; quarterly returns are valued too highly.

1 Like

Means it’s relocating…

Actually, Blizzard flat out said the reason they’re removing the mount from the vendors is that they don’t want to see AH mounts become as common as repair mounts.

If this is the true reason they’re removing the mount from the vendors, then there’s no reason they can’t put a non-AH version up in its place, right?

All I wanted was a big ol’ sauropod mount. I never cared about the AH on it. There are already a bunch of non-AH models in the data base, but do I believe Blizz is going to toss us this bone? Nah. Not holding my breath, that’s for sure.

Not going away, becoming even more rare

You’ll be able to get it from bmah

Thinking about it, I feel adding some old fomo stuff to bmah would be fine too, like mt appearances and elite gladiator sets

Like it’s still available, but you have to sacrifice a massive chunk of wealth to the black hole auction house to get it

That’s something they should have thought of before making the mount in the first place.

Either it should never have existed in the first place, or, since it does exist, it should have been announced as time limited from the start of the expac.

You saw them wanting to cut down on api calls recently, and then back off a bit but still clamp down on the ability to repeatedly cancel.

Removing the mount from the vendor is clearly done to avoid them having to update/replace bad code for the game and servers. They are just kicking the can down the road essentially.

Secondly, they probably won’t put a non-AH version of the longboi in the game (for at least a while), because they want to keep attention focused on the AH version. AND they don’t want to incur the wrath of the 6% (as of profiles on wowhead, so true number will be different) of the community that does have the mount. We all saw how people took to the forums advocating for the plagued and black protos should be removed from the first 10/25 glory achievement stating that it would be too easy to get with ulduar gear. I was talking to someone on twitch that is in the top 5 of mount collecting in the game, and they stated their friend back then was one of the really avid posters wanting for both mounts removal. Actual elitists snobbing at people they consider lesser than themselves.

When has blizzard ever consistently announced their intentions to remove or allow content to be available these days? They just say, “hey it will go away when X happens”, never that it will be gone in N amount of days. And when they do announce its typically done in a kneejerk fashion to cool off heat from the community.

Lack of respect. And they also fear enraging the proverbial Karens in the community.

I don’t really care about a specific date, but stuff like mage tower was announced as time limited, and that it would be gone with bfa prepatch, before it was even on live servers. The brutosaur was confirmed as such as a reply to a single forum post over halfway into the expac.

Because Blizzard detected fun, and nerfed it. They seriously suck for this.

It was confirmed after someone datamined shadowlands after the blizzcon announcement. A blue came into that thread and confirmed that it would be removed.

That is quite different than blizzard stating themselves, “hey this is going away, so don’t be alarmed with what you may datamine”. No they try and hide information and then do their best to limit eyes on the discussion.

As I said. Lack of respect. Be frank of your intentions. I would be more willingly to understand blizzard (and especially after the current AH change they did), if they said they wanted to keep the mount percentage low for the next 5 years because they do not have anything currently in motion to help alleviate server issues. Boom, just tell the exact reason and treat everyone like adults.

1 Like

this. no seriously, I don’t care that it’s going away. I’m not crazy enough to farm 5 million gold.

To cash in on all the whales.

Because the BMAH is known for offering regular access to mounts and other things they removed - sorry, relocated.

It’s going away because the idea of simply removing the vendors from any long boi purchased after the prepatch was too Mensa IQ for them, since their gripe was specifically the AH being everywhere and not the mount itself.

1 Like

Dinosaurs can’t stick around forever bro lol

They lived longer than mammals so whats your point.

Well, #1 note the “lol” clearly a joke but let’s ignore that and instead be ignorant :slight_smile: Even if they did live longer than dinosaurs mammals are still around :crazy_face: