"lol you're BM"

Only a complete moron would boot a BM Hunter that has an appropriate IO. BM’s problem isn’t pushing keys - it’s lack of burst. That lack of burst won’t be an issue in any of the current dungeons, so the strong and consistent damage we offer is usually welcomed. Plus, a good BM hunter can maintain their dps while running mechanics, which very few classes can do as well as us.

3 Likes

You might be top in that group, but you’d be higher if you played MM. Simple as that.

1 Like

Not everyone wants to play a clunky anti-fun spec.

5 Likes

I beat mm all the time, they simply dont play well enough. Most people dont play well enough that sims actually matter, making the sims completely irrelevant to actual play. Im very good at bm, Id be terrible at mm.

5 Likes

No but i got kicked out of groups in bfa for playing mm :frowning_face:

1 Like

Nope, I play a Venthyr BM hunter, never had an issue. I love how Flayed Shot works with BM.

6 Likes

I love Flayed Shot also! It works really well in the rotation.

2 Likes

Never ending mobility is awesome. I honestly don’t think there is another ranged class that matches BM. We NEVER have to stop moving, unless we fudge up and somehow let our pet die.

E: Ya know, I’ll toss this out there. BM is THE most mobile class in the game. We can basically ignore any mechanic there is. Melee or Ranged, we’re the Kings and Queens of the game.

1 Like

You can run in as MM, start the key as MM, run out, swap to BM, and then do the key as BM. The key’s already started, what are they gonna do!?

Or you can just laugh and move on because it’s probably for the best that you didn’t play with someone who kicks people over their spec. Those people are probably just looking for free carries. :stuck_out_tongue:

im a hunter and if im leading and i see a hunter bm of course i kick them, is there any question about? i would do the same to survival in a heart beat… the principle is to work towards a goal and complete in time, not to carry people

my core has 5 hunter sometimes… im the only MM, if was up to me there would be only one

As someone who plays BM at high level I do understand this. BM is crap, in order for BM to do decent I have to play very well and if one of the meta classes plays decent they will still beat me. I know I gimp my raid by coming and will understand if I get benched someday due to that. In m+ I hate to run with guild mates because they would be better off with a fire mage, MM hunter or boomkin over me. In pugs I do fine though because I am better than most the meta chasers that pug stuff I feel like.

the problem with bm to ME, is that its insanely easy to play…50% of your damage comes from afk, 30% from dots 20% from instant cast…0 restriction or difficulty, am i wrong

I mean, it is easy to play however you are incorrect in your assessment of how it plays.

Regardless, I would definitely consider the human factor as well. While yeah, MM is ahead it isn’t as far ahead as it was after the nerf / compensation buff, and if you have players who cannot confidently play MM well but can do so playing BM, it is in your best interests to just let them play what they are good at.

2 Likes

You must be playing with some pretty bad hunters if 50% of their damage is coming from pets.

Also not sure why insta cast damage is bad? I mean I guess all melee are easy cause all insta casts.

Maintaining barbed shot stacks can be pretty tricky in a lot of raids and our best leggo is a pain in the butt to use correctly. Also many fights require a ton of pet micro management so they don’t get stuck on the wrong enemy or a pillar.

I play MM about as well as I play BM and would say they are different. I play a ton of classes and really have a hard time saying one is super hard compared to most other than feral druid is kind of hard to keep track of snapshotting bleeds

You just don’t want to see BM hunters beat you in DPS.

Not true at all. If you don’t hit Kill Command, your pet won’t do much damage. If you don’t keep Frenzy up, your pet will attack a lot slower and will do a lot less damage, etc.

4 Likes

ok lets address some “issues” with my statement

you spelled easier wrong

i stand corrected 56% of the damage, this is the number 1 bm hunter in the world in the fight that he was parse 100…he did 1K! bellow the MMs in the raid that parsed 99!
(cant post the link to warcraftlogs for some reason but you should have no problem finding the rank 1 BM)

its a instant cast…make a weakaura that warn with 2 sec, and you press the button what is hard? try keep up steady focus than we talk

i dream on seeing BM doing less work and getting more rewards thats i the life goal right? minimum work maximum reawrd?

sure…go to a dummy and afk out with auto shot and pet attack let me know please…

I addressed your statement accurately, I’d say.

2 Likes

couldnt agree more

Cool, so you agree with the context of that statement I presume?

1 Like

infer my previous post for clarification of my statement, not saying that a good bm cant outplay a mm, but given same gear, same skill, mm would be ahead, and the learning curve for bm is basicly a flat line…so i not understanding your point

understand this, im not trashing bm, i love the concept, hunter should have a pet always… simple as that, but the way the spec plays right now is brain dead, and i dont play easy mode ever…