"lol you're BM"

Anyone else ever get to the stone for a dungeon to help summon, and the group leader notices you have two pets and kicks you from the group? Fun times :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

Seeing as they get unsummoned when the key starts, I make a habit of not summoning them until then anyways.

5 Likes

lol yeah I try to do that too. Too late to kick me when the key is in. But if I donā€™t think about it and show up with my pets, itā€™s happened more than once that people kicked me for it. So dumb considering they probably already saw on IO that Iā€™ve timed that key before.

1 Like

The saddest part is that this warrior is 226 and the 197ish hunter main from bfa that I decided to gear already has an easier time with invites.

3 Likes

Only complete newbs would do that, since we are currently simming side by side with marksman and ANYONE that is serious knows this. Only pretenders that think they are being leet would be going off info months out of date. Not only that but most people dont play well enough where sims actually matter, Im top dps more often than not in every 15 I go to and if Im not overall top Im right damn close. Only when I group up with an actual good player that plays lock or mage do I see what the sims are actually talking about, but most of these putzzes dont play anywhere near like that.

12 Likes

Exactly. I was top damage in most keys I ran tonight, but I guess that doesnā€™t matter because they heard it was cool to be condescending towards BM hunters right now.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never once been booted for being BM.

2 Likes

Agree totally with Blackdamian, Iā€™m almost always top dps in my keys, beaten a lot of mm hunts also. BM is the most mobile spec in game it makes me really ponder how people can actually think itā€™s trash.

9 Likes

So Iā€™ve been messing around in BM in keys. I usually run 18ish keys as marksman and I purposely join 14/15ā€™s as BM so I dont feel like Iā€™m holding anyone back by playing an offspec.

I think thereā€™s some real potential here, my overall dps is a bit lower, but it comes with some real advantages

Marks burst is on a 2min CD which makes higher key level pridefuls agony. with BM you can pop BW and help get that thing down with CDs to spare.

I also often notice that the smooth and steady dps of a BM hunter is a great pairing with boomy and mages who will typically pop their CDs when a marks hunter does which makes one pack super easy, and the next a huge slog when CDs are down.

Especially right before an important pull when every other spec is holding CDs BW feels really nice.

I really enjoyed having a steady dps to always keep things moving. Iā€™m sure i could bring the overall dps up a bit if it was my main spec too.

Nothing wrong with BM imo. (running rystalkers btw cause I refuse the alternative)

7 Likes

Exactly this. BM has really good sustained DPS. On long boss fights, BM will usually start lower when everyone is popping their cooldowns then end up on top.

Same here. Soulforge Embers is a mess.

1 Like

Most mobile, but about the least bursty spec there is as an offset for that. Which can be a big deal.

1 Like

Youā€™re playing the 4th worst spec for Mythic+, what did you expect?

If thatā€™s the case, why am I almost always top damage? Also, itā€™s not my job to tell people ā€œbtw Iā€™m BMā€. If they care that much, they should look it up before they invite me.

2 Likes

BM Gang, donā€™t let emā€™ break yo spirit king keep yo head held up HIGH! :fist: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I got kicked few seconds before we start the key for the same reason oO. But I keep going and i even timed my first +15.

1 Like

Idk why either. Usually always top dps in m+ on my bm as well. People just blindly follow old dataā€¦itll pass.

1 Like

Make your own group, then you can kick people for no good reason lol.

Theyā€™re bad players?

Whatā€™s funny is most ppl think they are mdi capable players and that the m+ is gonna be run like a mdi team. Which creates huge disparities on damage.

Watching a fire mage be berated about his damage when a tank pulls 1-2 groups mostly 1 group is haliarious. A lot of players and probably some of you think your good but if you only look at the overall and not how the dungeon was run youā€™ll start to notice a lot of discrepancies.

As a kyrian mm on Fort weeks when tanks pull slower my burst and baby burst is up almost every group.

Try showing up as survival and see how that goes

4 Likes