Logitech G13

I think Logitech needs to create a new version of the G13. I’ve used it for 10 years for WoW, and I’d love to use one at work as well, but they aren’t available. I can’t link the petition to bring it back, but if you google search “bring back the g13” you can find it. Lets get some signatures. Maybe we can convince them to produce a new version.

9 Likes

I’m in. I don’t use it myself, but my wife is left handed and she has trouble playing any other way. Those things don’t last forever and it’s by far the best option on the market. Mostly because of the anologue thumb stick.

I recently bought a triple pedal foot switch. That could possibly be an alternative for some, since you can program modifiers onto them, opening up more keybinds to people who aren’t used to, or capable of the finger gymnastics required to press ctrl 5 for example.

Wasn’t aware of this product until now.

Just for clarification do you mean ‘Logitech G13 Gameboard’?

I still use an old Nostromo n52 and almost every button still works. :laughing: Seriously, the thing is built like a tank compared to current stuff.

2 Likes

What’s better with the G13 compared to, say, a Razer Tartarus? Also, I always wondered what’s the use case for these peripherals. Beyond helping with disabilities, why would a regular “gamer” use those? Do people really use the thumb button for movement? Do they use the minikeyboard for actual keybinds, like you’d do around your WASD on a regular keyboard?

Yep.
Just like how some people like to use the tiny side buttons on the side of a Razer Naga. To me those side buttons are incredibly uncomfortable.
It’s all about comfort, thats the sole design of peripherals.

Just something as subtle as the weight, texture or shape of the buttons can make all the difference.

Of course a petition isn’t enough to make a company bring a product back, they stopped product for a reason (not enough sales).

1 Like

It wouldn’t be the same. As you well know the G13 is a tank, feels like it was made in 1956 when times were hard :rofl: If they make a new one it’ll be some flimsy 2020 nonsense

That’s what happens when you make good quality products, you only need to buy it one time :+1: I still have my G13 as well from 2009?2010?

1 Like

AMEN! I was so sad when I found out they stopped making it.

1 Like

Actually you can find them but they are expensive .

Amazon has one for $340 when I got mine during Cata it was around $60 and still using it .

A razer Tarterus might be a viable option.

1 Like

Or making your own!

The guys over on https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/ are a great resource. I’m going to build my next keyboard :+1:

I’ve been wanting a new version of this too. I refuse to buy razer products/malware so I’m stuck :frowning:

1 Like

Logitech mice are too big for my hands, corsair is nice and compact.

EDIT: Oops, not even talking about mice!

I always found peripherals like the G13 weird, like something people from the 80’s would imagine we use now, but if they work for you they work, wouldn’t hurt to bring em back

I would agree with this. I’m not sure why they stopped making them. I’m at the point where I think I’m going to end up putting together my own variant of the G13. I think I would be more likely to get the gamepad I want rather than waiting for Logitech to build another one.

I definitely use the thumb stick for movement. It works great.

1 Like

Yeah, I love mine so much that I bought a spare for when it breaks :open_mouth:

This is the answer. Making a game pad wouldn’t be all that difficult.

Rubber dome switches are garbage, and just about everything made in China is garbage. So why buy more garbage?

Lol same here. I was just thinking the other day…man I need a new keyboard

Plus, only the very expensive ones have the thumbstick, and they are Razer, which may or may not have nice hardware, but the software is terrible. You could build your own software independent G13 like keyboard and have everything you want.

You might have to learn some stuff, but learning is fun!

1 Like

For the curious, I spent a few hours looking at EasyEDA and keyboard-layout-editor(dot)com and now I have a stack of pcbs on the way from JLCPcb. Turns out the hard part will probably be the case, not the electronics. :slight_smile: