Login using WoW.exe

How can I login using wow.exe (not using launcher)? Do you use the same username and password as the bnet account?

1 Like

Yes, but we would still recommend using the Blizzard launcher to ensure your game client remains up to date with the latest patches. If you’re just using the exe, you may miss smaller bug fix patches and then be unable to login until you run the launcher.

4 Likes

I use wow.exe all the time to login.

When I get the “incompatible” notice for the realms, then I exit and run the launcher to get the update. Then exit the launcher and run the wow.exe.

1 Like

just an FYI you can set the launcher to close after the game launches, It’s what I do.

5 Likes

I also use the option to exit the launcher after the game launches. In the past I didn’t use the option and would sometimes end up with several instances of agent.exe (initiated by the launcher) active which resulted in game issues.

Since I started using the option to kill the launcher, that hasn’t happened again.

3 Likes

Curious question for those that close the launcher.

Does your bnet chat still work?

Yes. It works in-game just fine. If I have to change characters or log out for a minute I open the launcher in Social or Friends.

1 Like

You still have to get into Task Manager (CTRL, Shift, ESC) and close out the bnet updater process cause that can cause lag.

Last few patches required me to restart my PC in order for the bnet launcher to download the patch, otherwise it will give a error code saying something went wrong and the only way to get past it is to restart the PC. Old issue reports on the forums with no resolutions.

1 Like

Not on my system, agent runs for a few seconds then closes down. Have you tried deleting the launcher and then re-downloading it?

edit:
do a search for “battle .net” and delete all the folders then do a new install and see if this helps. I was having an issue with updating the game and doing this fixed the issue.

2 Likes