Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

Going through this thread, you are not the only one who is unsubbing.

3 Likes

I have a friend who couldn’t play most of DF because of the dragonriding issues and motion sickness. This friend is almost certainly going to be heading over to FFXIV now because those issues continue.

3 Likes

There was many that dropped out when DF went live due too Dragon riding…some came back with help from friends to get that stupid pathfinder they put into DF so you could TBC steady flight…now they are facing the same crap again with TWW…I wouldn’t blame anyone that just stops playing anymore now due to this flight mess.

2 Likes

I have good news there is a setting to fix that. I don’t get motion sickness, but I use the option anyways it looks better.

You aren’t listening.
Its not subjective that things have been changed. What IS subjective is the fact you said “worse”. That nullifies anything ‘factual’ you think you are saying.

I think a lot of the changes are good. Which makes it better. See how that works?
I was never arguing about what changed. I was pointing out that you were passing “worse” off as objective.
Its SUBJECTIVELY worse, to you. Not in general, but to you.

As I said, claiming something is inherently worse, you are already setting it up to be subjective.
Especially when you disgree about the name change. Making most gylphs passive… those are such massive opinions. I don’t understand how you could possibly think those are facts.

No, but it does when you are claiming a subjective thing is objective.
You can’t backtrack to opinions when I quoted your subjective opinion whilst you say “facts”.

You have yet to provide any kind of facts backing up it is worse.
The distinction is based off your opinion…

WHAT FACTS?!
You - thing bad because i disagree with changes.

Thats not a fact lol.

Why are you bothering stating the obvious then. They were made passive and move to tww content. So of course they no longer have meaningful gameplay as far as df is concerned lol.

So you link stuff and its valid and I link stuff and its meaningless? :joy:
Or I link things DISPROVING your “established facts” and you blatantly ignore it.
You are being disingenuous and bad faith yourself. No idea how you can call what I’ve said faith lol. Its been the only factual thing posted between us.

So you gaslighting me into thinking your opinion is fact is okay? Lol.
Come off it.

2 Likes

Features of the game that are used to improve accessibility should never be locked behind an achievement.

7 Likes

That sucks. I hope you dont lose your friend.

Bad news, it doesn’t work for everyone.

6 Likes

This is a good tip. I’ve been playing with some of the animations disabled.

More good news: I lost the bet and Downtime wasn’t extended til super late again. A bet I am happy to lose xD!

It’s pretty simple to demonstrate ‘worse’ and ‘better’ objectively. I’ve done it.

Take it or leave it.

3 Likes

No, you haven’t. I and everyone else who understands the meaning of those words will leave it

2 Likes

Do you have statistics?
What is the metric that makes one worse and the other one better other than you don’t like/disagree with the changes?

Give me proof and I will admit I was wrong.

And “I said”, “Players have reported…”, and “It’s worse because it’s worse” do not count as factual proof.
Also do not link the icyveins guide of the changes. That doesn’t prove anything is worse or better. It’s a “what has changed” list.

Neither. Because you haven’t given me anything to take or leave.

1 Like

I base my purchase or continued subscriptions for all games based purely on my opinion. If the game is not fun in my opinion, I’m not spending more money on it. The game does not have to be perfect, but needs to be overall fun (for me).

Opinions on what is fun is subjective and differs for each person. There is no right or wrong way to play Wow.

This thread has turned into a pissing contest. Forum PvP instead of expressing and discussing what customers want in the game. Those of us that want steady flight do not need be told to get good or be called a Karen.

3 Likes

I wish they’d just release both types of flying at the same time. It’s better than the last few expansions, but I am not looking forward to dealing with the motion sickness again while I level. If they had timegated it too, I might have just not bought TWW. At least I can try to level fast and never have to deal with skyriding again, at least until the next expac.

6 Likes

I wish more people understood the power of money like you do. I don’t like Nestle, I have not bought a Nestle product, nor anything from its subsidiaries for a long time now, and it is not easy.

1 Like

If you (not you specifically, generalizing) can give your opinion without flaming people, this won’t happen.
Heck I can agree with A LOT of points too. But if one calls another a sociopath for not condemning pathfinder, you are going to expect backlash and people getting called out.

If things could be discussed amicably, you wouldn’t see most of the nonsense that has been happening in the thread.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t think Blizzard will remove Pathfinder. The reason for this does not matter. Not that we should not voice our opinion on what we like, so Blizzard knows.

My choice is to try to adapt as best I can (do pathfinder). If the game is no longer fun, I’m gone.

I’m in my late 60’s. My mental acuity is diminished. My ability to multitask is reduced. Arthritis sucks! But I’m still enjoying Wow because I adapted via hardware and changing my expectations.

2 Likes

Both sides have been flaming the other, Forum PvP

1 Like

True, but most of the neutral or pro pathfinder START amicable.
There are a handful of very very aggressive anti pathfinders that immediately start flaming people for not immediately condemning pathfinder.

Then it starts the silly snowball that we’ve been witnessing here.

Heck my sociopath comment was something I was called because I didn’t agree with something that was said lol.
But it’s the same few people in all the pathfinder threads starting the fires.

2 Likes

You don’t need to use Skyriding to get through the campaign. Quests that require flying or travel will have a Taxi that will carry you to the designated location.