Lock Fear Chaos Bolt Cut damage under fear

Not everyone here has time to make a team and grind arena rating…some don’t even want to do arena , don’t want to run dungeons , some don’t like raiding . A blanket statement that just because ppl like to spend their time doing WPvP means that they are no good or can be any good at other areas of the game won’t be right .

Perci is a very good player , probably 1800 and above if he wants it . I am terrible on the other hand . Both of us post in WPvP forum :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

I have no ego. But I do get frustrated and you do get on my nerves like most of you arena forum regulars do. You feel the need to trash talk and belittle and run others down simply because their arena rating isn’t high enough for you. It just gets old dealing with the same childish behavior day in and day out from people who think that because they are good at sandbox pvp their the best.

1 Like

yeah okay so I recently had a similar discussion and my opinion is that thinking “I’m good I just haven’t gotten around to prove it yet” is a silly claim
prove first, claim second
I’m sure there are lots of good wpvp’ers out there, most arent though.

so not trying to sound elitist, but 1800 is not really good

:roll_eyes:

And who cares … do you need to trash talk ?

It’s a video game . Get over yourself .

2 Likes

I dont, people can spend their time however they want
I mean, I spend most of my time farming mounts and achievements, my rated record is sub par at best lol and I have no issue with this

the original argument was my comparison of the wpvp to GD and mr forever challenger ret feeling salty towards the arena forums because someone once bruised his ego probably

my thoughts:
GD: toxic, egos, terrible players
Wpvp: toxic, egos, terrible players
arena: toxic, egos, better than terrible players

pretty simple, right?

You can find better volunteer work than spell checking me, I will certainly keep you busy at that and it will be a full time job.

Now to the matter at hand o ye of too much time and little faith, we had two trinkets you bought.

I am just looking for best method of snare immunity whether by mechanical means pet.

I have to go back and look at my posts I think some guy told me certain pets carry addition benefits on breaking snares.

There was a song in the 8-s called ooops upside the head.

If you don’t know the most basic components of your class, perhaps you ought to STOP MAKING QQ THREADS.

4 Likes

The ability is called masters call and it removes snare and root effects from your pet and yourself or a party member.

I’m one that normally tries to be as civil as I can be, but frankly I done with toxic player’s that add nothing to a conversation. I enjoy theory crafting and learning over all mechanics of each class. In order to help other’s have a more enjoyable pvp experience. I never claimed to be the best or even an arena pro. So lastly go @#$% yourself

3 Likes

Ole maladumb just hits the pvp tab and it shows all 3 pvp forums at once. I never truly pay attention to where a post is located unless it’s relevant to the discussion

2 Likes

you’ve been nothing but hostile to me in this thread though, like:

I’m just confused since you seem to have some personal grudge against me, although I don’t recall your name at all :woman_shrugging:

I actually post quite a bit of constructive stuff, there’s just little to give feedback on right now since devs dont read feedback, let alone care about it, so in my spare time I educate random passive aggressive hunters what a ‘trinket’ is

anyway, nice chat, be sure to take a look at that bruised ego because genuinely its not healthy to get this angry

I misclicked today, read thread title, predicted it was a bg/wpvp thread, was not disappointed in my perpetual correctness

Play a warlock in pvp and tell me we need toning down. Insane damage during a fear? You’ll be lucky to get off a single chaos bolt during that fear, then it’s back to being stunned, interrupted, and stunned again all while the melee run circles around you. If anything needs to change, it’s chaos bolt needs a damage buff and cast time reduction, and fear needs to not break on damage so easily.

I agree with this. CB should be instant cast and insta-gib your target…

One of the hardest hitting abilities in the game definitely needs buffed…

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

A single chaos bolt isn’t even equal in damage to the druid’s instant cast, hard hitting Starsurge. In order to even get a decent amount of damage out of chaos bolt takes planning, luck, and execution because your going to need at least five of them, back to back, in order to generate anything that could even remotely be considered insane. Any interruption of the sequence resets the damage back to laughable levels.

Shall we discuss greater pyroblast and blinking next?

I have been hit by CB’s well over 100k, while feared, coiled, feared. There is no way the spell needs buffed. The general consensus is that Destro is fairly OP now. If you’re struggling playing it, then you may need to look at yourself.

But hey, I’m a reasonable person. CB can be buffed, as long as Templar’s Verdict gets 30 yard range. Sound fair? :wink:

Edit: what ilvl is your lock?

1 Like

Can we get in on that. I’d like GPY buffed 5% with a shorter cast :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Only 5%???

I didn’t want to seem greedy :grin:

1 Like

If you’re being hit by that sort of damage from a chaos bolt then it has to be the third or fourth cast (in quick succession) of the series because at 432 ilvl, with the Focused Chaos pvp talent enabled, starting chaos bolt damage is only 65k. If you’re getting wrecked by a warlock with chaos bolt, that warlock is standing off somewhere freecasting to his little blackened heart’s desire. Although that does occasionally happen, it isn’t very often that you get that chance. More often than not, you’ve got a rogue or a DH crawling up your tailpipe and ripping your guts out.

You can’t be serious that you are complaining that Destro needs buffs … what about the rest of us ranged . Does Ele or Shadow for example need buffs too or are we stronger than Destro now ??

2 Likes