Loading screen/Launch Issues - please keep it to one thread. Thanks!

Progress. The boat on Aman’Thul is now running. So I’ve made it to DI. TBD how things run there, but that will have to wait until after work.

yo what did you guys do to illidan its now offline!!! hopefully you guys are fixing it lol

how ever all servers should have been shut down

Update - have finally been able to log onto all my toons, horde and ally. Every single toon has had their UI Profile deleted. This is the third time since the launch of the pre-patch that the UI Profile’s have disappeared.

Is this problem/issue being looked into as part of the World Server crashes?

Finally made it to the Isles, immediately DCs me, and now says “A player by the same name is in the world”. Come ON Blizz.

1 Like

How is asmon playing right now? and we can’t even log in and when we do it’s lag central

Can we get an ETA on when illidan will be back up?

WRA-Horde, managed to log in long enough to toggle on WM and that enabled me to turn in the quest and get on the Zeppelin.

1 Like
1 Like

restarted illidan and still doesnt work.

So, after playing the Bata… the DI boat was never tested and if it was it was not on the server I was on because you could not go if you started at max level. At this point you have to think putting 100k people on a boat to start questing at the same time in the same spot is just not smart.
I got on the Zepplin with the other 20k Hord at 6:05, I knew something was wrong with the Map did not show the thing moving for 10 min. could not talk to NCP and only seen like 3 people. Logged out and back in and Bam I could not move back in and when I could get back in, I tried to Harth and that crashed me and now if I can log in at all its DC’s my alts after about 5 min.

What don’t I understand is you are showing the servers as up? but they are unplayable then you need to report this as a downtime and take the servers offline and fix the issues. Time is money and on top of not being able to play the game, I’m not getting compensated for the money I spent.

Why not just release the game when you did the pre-patch because I hate to say it, but you are 1-9 for launches and I think BFA might have been the only thing that has worked on day 1.

I am really disappointed after coming back to this game from taking a year off to see that it is the same old stuff, as before.

2 Likes

Every time i have had a DC its due to being on my New dragon and flying into anything that has collision then when i load back in bar goes to 100% then kicks back to log in screen.
We summited these bugs in beta why do you guys bother doing one now its also being replicated on live servers after we reported it in the beta ?
i don’t understand the logic

1 Like

I’ve finally gotten to the isles an hour ago, and have been unable to loot anything. Everything is stuck and this felt like a huge waste of time when I could have been sleeping. I’m usually pretty patient about launch issues, but the last couple launches didn’t have these issues and I wasn’t prepped for it.

With the new UI for the expac, try left clicking to loot and don’t hold your shift key.

Thanks but doesnt help. I cant even individually click items in the loot window to loot them- or I can, but nothing happens. It’s just that everything is insanely laggy. I either never loot, or I loot, but then disconnect, and it takes me half an hour to get back in.

I would suggest a full UI reset then.

1 Like

They tested the quests last Monday. The quests themselves worked fine when I did them there. I don’t remember a stress-test though.

Ever since today’s “maintenance” (Tues., 29 Nov. 2022), I have not been able to log back into my characters. I keep getting the error message “World Server is down”.

I am not actually trying to get to the new zones (at least, not yet), I just want to finish some preliminary work on my new Drakthyr Evoker. But I can not log into that character, nor any other character, here on Retail.

Considering the number of expansions you have released over the past 18 years, one would presume that you have accumulated sufficient experience with these situations, to be able to AVOID these types of problems.

(Sigh) . . . >__<

1 Like

I’m unable to log into my Warlock character currently sitting in front of the tailoring vendor in Stormshield in Ashran. I’ve tried disabling all my addons and have renamed my interface and WTF folders.

The bar at the bottom of the loading screen fills up and I can hear chat dings and people coming online/going offline but the loading screen never disappears and I can’t control my character.

same, my main is chillin in stormwind unable to even log in . Have to play on an alt

I’m back to the pre-launch “Initializing” on the launcher, but it’s not doing anything.