Loading screen -> world server down

I have tried everything, removing addons, deleting WTF folders, format entire computer, Reinstall wow. Nothing. Main constant gets loading screen stuck and then world server down. Other characters on other servers can log in. Google shows others with issue. Please help.

Oh I tried to talk to a Game Master in game, that service appears to have gone away, I tried using the support on the website, that service doesn’t seem to et me even open a ticket just and endless loop, and I tried calling the blizzard support phone number from the game packaging and that service has also ended. I tried also to use the suggestion box in game, but also that form of customer service also been removed. Should I contact Bill Gates. Help

Are the entries Google found current?

World server can often drop out. It usually comes back in minutes too.

You might also need to try the character stuck ticket - this is automated, it’ll move the character to a safe spot, just in case you’ve found a terrain bug.

3 Likes

Like I mentioned, you’ve probably encountered a terrain bug which is preventing you from logging in to the specific character.

This is why I mentioned using the automated stuck character ticket.

Addons can also be fickle, as can a corrupt UI. It certainly can affect one character while the other characters have no issue.

Sure, if that’s what you want to do. Bye.

4 Likes

The best solution I have found to fix the issue is to log into a different server, log into a different char on that other server, then log out, and back to the mains server and log in, no problem persists then. Also, seeing as this is true, why is it happening at all? Like if changing servers then coming back fixes the problem…whats the problem in the first place? Blizzard could try figure it out perhaps?

1 Like

“World server down” is a generic message indicating an issue connecting to the server for the zone or instance. It’s usually a temporary issue. “Fixing” it is a bit more problematic. It is possible to get that message three times in a row and have a different cause of it each time.

Different things have caused this message. Problems with the servers. Issues with addons. Corrupted character profile. DNS cache issues.

3 Likes

Hello Ÿøda,

Have you looked on the support, bugs, and/or mac subforums? If there is nothing that matches exactly what you are seeing that you can append to, then a new bug report detailing exactly what you’ve experienced may be in order.

Edit: It looks like one of these was resolved after a ticket and a GM moving the affected character.

This was a quick search, a deeper search may provide more useful results:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/world-server-down/1551580

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/character-cannot-logon-due-to-world-server-is-down-error-in-wotlk/1546217/9

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/world-server-is-down-one-character/1536847

2 Likes

Have u tried reopening the ticket thats the only way to get this resolved no GMs here.

I think I managed to get a ticket open and I’m hoping it resolves soon.

I get this all the time when BNet app updates. I run a pretty secure machine and the connection always triggers my network to reject the connection. Bnet still runs, but gives no warning as to not being able to connect to the update server (while still connecting to the interface server).

To fix, I close BNet, open task manager and close the BNet updater task that is running, then I open my network tools and restart BNet. Once it tries connecting I find the new connection that was being block and allow it to pass through. Generally that fixes the issue and BNet does its thing. Sometimes though it gets stuck and I just have to restart BNet one more time (no need to do the network step again though).

As someone else mentioned this is a pretty generic server connection message. My theory has always been that the software version check sees that I’m not updated correctly and rejects the connection. A more verbose error message would be more helpful though. YMMV as to whether this is your issue though.

World Server usually refers to a specific zone or subarea within a realm - instances or zones for example.

As already mentioned, this is often a temporary condition. If it doesn’t come back in 5-10 min, using the character move function here on the website will usually allow you to log in.

Blizzard Support - Character Stuck - Disconnected When Logging In (battle.net)

The game will also try to move you if you log into an invalid area - but your mileage may vary with that. Isn’t always able, and even when it works, it’s not always on the first try.

If you log out in an instance that no longer exists when you come back (particularly common with instances) this can happen.

If all else fails, a ticket to a GM will allow us to move the character, usually back to your major capitol city.

4 Likes

Not very Jedi to just give up easily. Oh well, whatever. Bye.

3 Likes

Thanks Nephe, it’s a shame you couldn’t provide any solutions that worked, thanks for trying your best. Enjoy the Dragons.

Why should Blizzard do all the work, and share the profits with a company that does none of the work? The Blizzard developers are the ones who would be coding the game to work on whichever system, but they need access to the coding needed and Apple didn’t give them that access.

4 Likes

You know what, im just gonna buy windows.

FYI I found the solution which I put in another post but will provide here.

The solution was not to buy windows, it was actually to use the /fstack command in game and then mouse over the user interface elements to discover that there was a code issue caused by the Objective tracker overlaying another uI element.

This loading screen stuck and world server down seems to happen when a player moves UI elements around and saves the layout using edit mode (not addons). Then if the player changes the screen resolution it can result in the UI elements overlapping and this causes the loading screen errors.

So the game should be changed so that its not possible for a user to have there custom layout UI break when changing screen resolution size …but ALSO it should be made clear that these custom edit mode layouts do not seem to be tied to the WTF Cache or Interface folders, and they appear to get downloaded again from the server even after deleting these game folders. This seems to be the real issue as Face to Desk happens when u have reinstalled the game, formatted ur computer, removed all addons and the loading screen problem persists despite also deleting ur WTF cache and interface folders. TO recap this is an issue that happens because the new fangled Edit Mode can break your UI when changing screen resolutions and graphics settings that result in overlapped ui elements.

I would suggest posting this in bug reports or submitting an in game bug report about this, so that it can be looked into. Maybe even post it in Tech Support, too. Helpful and something they can look into if they know to do so. :slight_smile:

2 Likes