Live Developer Q&A Friday, December 14 – Submit Your Questions

I work super hard and put a LOT of time into my hunter pet collection. Why can I only have 5 with me at a time? I can have ALL my mounts and ALL my battle pets but the pets I care about most are locked away.

Why do you believe that the delaying of artifact knowledge was a good idea? Already people are viewing the leveling of heart of Azeroth as not something that is worth their time, but they will level by “accident” so to speak. Why did you decide not to tell players about this during testing? I know there is no silver bullet answer, josh put it. But what steps will you take to establish a better connection with the community? Thus, to better acknowledge their feedback and address the issues overall?

When will the Zandalari and Kul be joining us? Its aggravating we are still waiting on these 2 races when they were advertised when BFA was first announced.

so Moira’s son (Dagran Thaurissan II) is now the same age that Anduin was in vanilla. Will his model ever be updated to reflect that and will we ever get to see any of his adventures, or is he doomed to be the eternal baby forever?

1 Like

Gods, I wish I could give this all of my upvotes.

What are your plans for creating balance between the different tanking specs? Also, please fix DH tanking. We should not have to worry about walking over soul fragments and wasting them, because they are crucial for our abilities.

Recently, the Cross RP addon - a very popular roleplay addon that converted community chats into speech, allowing cross-faction communication - was broken by updates in Patch 8.1. Was this intentional, and is there any chance of enabling this addon (or one like it) for roleplayers again?

8 Likes

buff abilities on gcd’s is not fun. ion’s has said these abilities may be removed or changed to be more fun to press. when will these changes finally happen?

1 Like

Can we address the current stat of the game in regards to rp and if there are any features that will be coming in in the future that are RP first? Can we also get an update on the reason or reasons why the API was changed that killed off the CrossRP addon.

11 Likes

As a draenei roleplayer who would love to be able to spend time in the lovely Shattrath City that we sort of suddenly abandoned, could we please get an item that allows us to phase the demons away?

1 Like

If you raid Heroic/Mythic, by nature of raiding harder difficulty, you are likely going to be putting in more play time than a more casual player. You will be farming mats/gear/and pushing to be on top. You have limited how players can progress AP to WQ’s and Islands. It’s unreal that you are funneling people into the content YOU want them to play vs what THEY want to play. In legion, it was great. As a player you could do anything and you were being rewarded with some amount of AP. Questing/WQ/Helping people in lower keys/Raid/Etc. Play how you want to play. You’ve effectively put a carrot in front of players, and have told them they can only stay in 1/2 lanes to grind. Some of the worst mind numbing content btw. Even the mission table seems like an afterthought. As a result, other communities are suffering. There’s no incentive for a 370+ ilvl person to join a lower M+ Pug. There’s no incentive to do the horribly designed linear path warfronts. And players have quit the game in droves.

My question… with each new expansion why do you feel the need to spend so much time developing new unproven systems? Why do you always iterate on systems when they are working. All we needed with an expansion was new zones, new quests, new story, new dungeons, new raids, etc. New version of existing proven content. We didn’t need this neck progression system and azerite and war fronts and islands. Will ANY of these features be expanded upon in future expansions outside of BFA? It just seems so limiting as a company to put so much work into something that has an expiration date when you have proven things like time walking work. I would have LOVED to have seen a dungeon where you are a part of the Dark shore assault. It would have been a great time to introduce new dungeon features like choosing what minions you take into battle on the next fight AND it could have stood the test of time. Same with island. Why do islands have to be a new feature? Why couldn’t they have been randomly generated dungeons? Why break the game play with major GCD changes that you have since walked back? Why remove Master looter?! Distributing loot was a team building experience. If people were sad that guilds were abusing it FIND NEW GUILDS. Don’t take away a system that worked great for others.

I know this post is manic, and there’s NO way it gets addressed on stream. I know that. I’m just angry and you’ve given me a means to provide that frustration. Many of us have played wow for ages. We love the game, and we love our idea of blizzard. Sadly it’s changing, and it’s so hard for us to cope with that. It’s an abusive relationship we can’t quit.

3 Likes

My question is very simple:

What is to be done about Retribution to bring it up to snuff. It’s damage is beyond lackluster at the current state, gameplay is stale and boring, and the “utility” everyone tells about is non-existent.

Ion I was wondering if in the near future will the WOW devs be making any attempts to maybe start changing the questing zones in an attempt to start to evolve wow again? I would just love to see to see the world through a new pair of eyes. Cataclysm made me so excited I leveled a couple of characters. Maybe start to implement some of your endgame mechanics like world quest, invasions, or class missions again with class questing armor.

2 Likes

The M+ Community is all but dead, what is Blizzards plan to make them more fun and engaging going forward?

Does Blizzard have any plans on making class design fun again? All of the classes are slower and more simple than Legion. This has caused most of my guild to quite because they don’t enjoy their classes anymore. Do you have any plans to make game play more engaging like past expansions? (Example: rotations are slow/boring, tanking classes are going extinct, some classes can’t even step into high lvl M+ because of utility spell pruning)

1 Like

Are the changes that have been made for Shadow Priest, Elemental and Enhancement Shaman, and Protection Warriors considered the ‘major changes’ that needed to wait until a patch, or should these classes/specs expect larger changes with 8.2?

2 Likes

When will class progression return?

3 Likes

When 8.1 was released, CrossRP was suddenly broken. In the past, you told the creator and the RP community as a whole that it was totally fine. Why was it removed, and are there plans to restore it?

10 Likes

If it was opt-in and restricted to rp-realms only then the rp realms would be happy with the changes. It doesnt detract from the bfa story because many rpers are even enhancing it by hosting large-scale rp-pvp events.

On that note, is there any chance we can see the functionality of Cross-RP restored?

10 Likes

I’m not Blizzard but imagine it’s because casters would require huge damage nerfs in exchange for mobility - either that or melee classes would need an extraordinary damage/movements buffs and both of these options come with their own obvious problems