Live Developer Q&A - Ask Questions Here!

What do you have to say to Horde players who are tired of getting the same story beats we got in Mists of Pandaria?

84 Likes

You mentioned the team is open to looking at returning baseline abilities at some point. Will this happen in this expansion or will we have to wait for the next expansion to see what that could look like?

46 Likes

This is a question about future Lore:
Do you have any plans to bring back stories on ice (literally) for expansions?
Examples likes Bolvar and the Titans?

7 Likes

What is being done for classes that lack unique utility for Mythic + ? A running joke for this expansion has been, “Why bring a DPS Warrior when a Havoc DH brings the same damage and lots more utility.” It feels like I’ve been punished for picking the wrong class for M+.

59 Likes

Are there any plans to address tank balance? (For both Raid content and M+ respectively)

37 Likes

Last Q and A you mentioned some form of rewards for mythic plus which would add pushing incentive. Do you have a rough idea of what is being considered to be added and at what milestones?

23 Likes

Very straight forward question,
When could we expect 8.2?

38 Likes

Are there any plans on addressing pvp balance and more importantly the meta/pacing? The pvp community, including the tournament players have been very vocal about our dislike of the pvp meta.

17 Likes

How can a company that has been running a MMO for 15+ years continually fail to properly communicate, and just respond with “we will do better”?

135 Likes

Hunters have Hati back. Xal’atath reappears in a questline. Any chance demo locks will get to see Thal’kiel again?

27 Likes

The world content in Kul’tiras and Zandalar feels lacking compared to Legion and MoP. There’s not much to do besides World Quests. Can we expect more creative forms of World Content in the future, like Timeless Isle and Suramar? What about new War Mode content?

30 Likes

Many players feel that gear resets are too frequent and too steep. For example, even a twice- Titanforged heroic Uldir piece is immediately replaced by a normal Dazar’alor piece. This gives little incentive to continue to farm current content after killing the last boss. Will anything be done to address this issue going forward?

80 Likes

PVP ilevels aren’t keeping pace with the other 2 primary end game content activities M+ & Raiding. What’s the philosophy surrounding PVP ilevels and what should be the rate you receive them?

14 Likes

I understand that these Q&As don’t tend to focus on class or spec specific problems, but I just wanted to post this in hopes the feedback can get to the right person.
After playing a fire mage throughout all of legion it really feels bad to play the current BFA version. Having to choose between Phoenix flames and Flame on just feels like you’re playing the spec with one arm tied behind your back. Also Alexstrasza’s fury is one of the deadest talents I’ve ever seen. The entire 60 tier is a mess and needs a complete overhaul. I would suggest making flame on and phoenix flames baseline; significantly buffing Alexstrasza’s fury(perhaps with more range like the legendary form legion), and adding 2 brand new talents to that tier. I think that the spec is in a good spot aside from the 60 talent tier, and changing it would be all the class needs to make it feel good again.

13 Likes

It was mentioned before that ‘fun’ is the ultimate metric that drives the game forward. What are some qualitative and quantitative methods that are utilized to measure not only participation but actual enjoyment?

77 Likes

At Blizzcon, it was stated that Sylvanas was “morally grey”. So is that retconned, because it sure looks like she’s about to get Garroshed.

74 Likes

While overall DPS balance has been solid for the middle of the pack classes, some specs like Shadow Priest and Demonology Warlocks have been far ahead in BoD. Meanwhile other specs like Arms, and Frost DKs are struggling at the bottom.

I recognize that BoD has some part to do with overall spec power (Multi-Dotting for example), but it still seems like specs are lagging too far behind.

14 Likes

At what point do you determine that what the current team is doing isn’t working well, and decide to change course?

P.S. When are we getting high elves?

74 Likes

Death Knights and Demon Hunters have been left in the cold in regards to Allied Races, what are your plans to give access to Allied Races to those classes. Especially Demon Hunters who can only be one race within their respective factions.

23 Likes