Live Developer Q&A - Ask Questions Here!

Is the Scarlet Brotherhood going to die within 1 questline, or is it going to last longer than a single patch?

There is a huge imbalance for the Tools of the Trade. The Engineering Ub3r-Spanner is particularly disappointing. Are they going to be adjusted or updated at all?

2 Likes

Do you plan on adding any new dungeons?

Why did you remove the portals to Ironforge, Thunderbluff, Caverns of Time, and Old Dalaran (Loraedon)? What are your plans for reinstating them? I’ve got a bad feeling concerning the future of the cities of IF and TB…

9 Likes
  1. Any plans to do some graphical updates to Stormind/Org since we are really being directed there with the beautiful new portal rooms? Imagine if the cities looked as good as the portal rooms!

2. What is the goal of the recent Demo Warlock changes? It’s my favorite Lock spec to play by far but now isn’t very competitive anymore in raids. It really does feel bad.

Thank you!

2 Likes

When we will see the faction that were in the began of the game, and doesnt have a paper or roll, for example: the high elves, wildhammer. Before any excuse, read this: The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

6 Likes

Hey Ion. Can we get more frequent pvp balance tuning updates? S2 BFA has been largely unfun for the arena community due to a handful of classes dominating the meta. Thank you.

1 Like

Any plans for a region wide auction house?

2 Likes

Many of us have spent a lot of time building out characters to play in non-level capped battlegrounds, and the re-segregation of XP On and XP off brackets came as a surprise.

Can you please let us know if you have any long-term plans to address the inherent balance issues that could allow re-integration? The XP Off community would gladly help in identifying problematic items or practices that would make re-integration not only possible, but enjoyable for all parties.

Namely, specific items and enchants don’t appropriately scale and some minor, specific hotfixes could bring players closer together. Additionally, improved battleground gear drop rates and potential to add pre-made enchanting scrolls to token vendors would further normalize the XP on vs XP off experience. As shown with 8.1.5, minor changes such as adjusting Rammstein’s Bolts has been very impactful.

It troubles me deeply that many players are moving into the Level 20 bracket, which requires the subscription to lapse in order to queue with the XP on bracket. Strategically unsubscribing is not what I’d like to do, particularly as I prefer several of the other brackets.

Thank you for taking the time to address the community.

10 Likes

Can guilds please have Masterloot back?

We should be able to gear towards progression. That’s why we raid. We want to get the final boss down as fast as possible. Let us make that decision. Also, the PL split runs this tier were three worst we have ever seen in terms of time/commitment/number of alts.

We should reward those who have great attendance and execute their role exceptionally. Guilds need to award players who put in extra work and are prepared for progression. PL makes it luck of the draw.

We should be able to determine a mount order. So that those who wiped 300 or more times on Jaina get preference over those who have less than ten pulls.

If guilds want PL let them use it. But we shouldn’t be forced into it.

6 Likes

Will we ever be able to once again modify friendly player nameplates inside dungeons and raids?

I understand why the change was made to not allow addons to interact with friendly nameplates back in NH. Players were doing things with the friendly nameplates that Blizz viewed as compromising to the content. (Much like when they broke AVR or the many green/red circle visual radar for /ranged that boss mods like DBM or BigWigs were using) But the game’s default nameplates are incredibly cluttering in a raid or even dungeon. Also the normal text floating above players heads is unclear and hard to read with a pulled back camera or from any small distance away. I understand that there are things you don’t want players to be able to do using addons with friendly nameplates, any way to selectively prevent players from doing those things while also returning the ability to modify the appearance of the text?

1 Like

Since the release of Zandalari trolls a common transmog topic has come to the forefront. There are all these fantastic tattoo options (on Zandalari trolls, Highmountain Tauren, and etc.) but with armor you can’t really see them at all. Will there ever be more transmog options so that certain characters can be bare chested, or at least less covered so that those tattoos can be visible.

This option would also make sense for certain classes or archetypes like the shirtless Orc warrior that is seen in a lot of Orcish key art to give an example.

Concerns of sillyness or issues with modesty are definitely a concern to some when it comes to being fair to female characters, but i’m sure other options can be made for them. Such examples would be wrappings around the breasts with bandages, leather or other more revealing clothing options that are not as egregious as the old vanilla bikini plate appearances.

These options could be made and edited to be race or class specific to add more flavor and give more options to express each person’s individual style while still being ready to do a dungeon, arena, or open world content.

6 Likes

Guilds almost feel like they’re inconsequential at this point. No master looter, ranking permissions being pruned extremely, and personal loot trading restrictions limiting our capability to help our team mates all end with guilds meaning nothing in the end. It feels even worse than pugging because we play with these people every week and so desperately want to help one another, but we’re limited in how we can. Any chance guilds can receive some love?

16 Likes

Any plans to redesign the auction house, especially with regard to how it handles stackable items? The current system is severely outdated and is in serious need of a major change.

3 Likes

Any balancing being done for M+? It’s been melee overload all expansion. Most groups are Rogue, DH, x with the x often being a WW/Boomie/Mage.

Would be nice to see Diversity and active balancing like we see with raids. Two classes shouldn’t dominate the entire expansion.

I’d love to have names show up as class color and be much more visible.

1 Like

Playing a DPS Death Knight this expansion makes me sad. I don’t get any of the allied races, and when raiding both of their specs feel like they underperform. Can I get any good news to make me not sad?

2 Likes

Can you explain why you haven’t fixed your awful servers yet?

6 Likes

It seems like when players find fun ways to play this game differently from your vision you make moves to stamp it out.

Why do you not like giving players options?

4 Likes

When you implement the new Worgen models, can you add more customization options, such as customizable teeth options? I would like an option for them to look like teeth from real world carnivores, without the front fangs being oversized and sticking out at weird angles.

Also, can you add an upright posture option?

1 Like