Linux users unable to log in, WOW51900328/329 error after logging in

Mine worked on a windows machine on the same network where my linux one won’t. It’s not an account issue.

3 Likes

Please keep us updated on this, but I don’t believe that is the issue because I was getting the error from about 4pm-5:30pm, but stopped getting the error around 6, then got the error again around 7:30. I’m almost certain this is on blizzards side.

1 Like

Different machine, as in, different MAC?

1 Like

Yep. Also changed my Linux MAC address to no avail

1 Like

Another interesting point to note is towards the end of the DDoS’ around 7:15pm est when people were allowed to log in to the character screen (but couldn’t fully log in) I started getting this error again. It’s almost like they turned off a portion of their DDoS protection to allow us getting that error to log back in, but then turned it back on when the DDoS’ started back up.

2 Likes

Yes, we’re the bad people.

4 Likes

Mordraug/Ithildraug
Mankrik
Ubuntu 18.04 on Lutris
ISP: Cable & Wireless Panama

2 Likes

You mean were the secure people who made a good decision.

2 Likes

I meant referring to them, of course.

3 Likes

linux bad, windows good :joy: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI

1 Like

It’s like we’re the corrupted blood pandemic and we (Linux users) must be contained For The Good of The Windows Userbase. Likely because the DDoS attacks are linux-based

Can’t connect here either.

Realm: Atiesh
Error: WOW51900328

EDIT: This command fixed it for me.

sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128

9 Likes

I would think if this were a botnet attack it would be mostly compromised Windows boxes not *nix based systems. (Unless its an IoT thing…)

2 Likes

We’re not getting in tonight, are we? Blizz completely silent.

3 Likes

well they did reply 27 minutes ago Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328 - #310 by Ibaraius

Well-said but there are other tools in Kali linux among others that are built to stress servers. It may not be Windows-based botnets.

1 Like

That’s a lot of words to say nothing.

3 Likes

Yeah, I would not be shocked if it’s Kali Linux botnets

2 Likes

Also unable to connect

Realm: Bigglesworth
Error: WOW51900328

1 Like

I also wouldn’t be shocked if this takes days to get resolved. It seems like there weren’t any DDoS’ when I was getting this error. Then all of a sudden around 5:30pm est I stop getting the error. 30 minutes later the DDoS’ are back. Then the DDoS’ stop and I start getting the error again.

1 Like