Linux users unable to log in, WOW51900328/329 error after logging in

linux bad, windows good :joy: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI

1 Like

It’s like we’re the corrupted blood pandemic and we (Linux users) must be contained For The Good of The Windows Userbase. Likely because the DDoS attacks are linux-based

Can’t connect here either.

Realm: Atiesh
Error: WOW51900328

EDIT: This command fixed it for me.

sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128

9 Likes

I would think if this were a botnet attack it would be mostly compromised Windows boxes not *nix based systems. (Unless its an IoT thing…)

2 Likes

We’re not getting in tonight, are we? Blizz completely silent.

3 Likes

well they did reply 27 minutes ago Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328 - #310 by Ibaraius

Well-said but there are other tools in Kali linux among others that are built to stress servers. It may not be Windows-based botnets.

1 Like

That’s a lot of words to say nothing.

3 Likes

Yeah, I would not be shocked if it’s Kali Linux botnets

2 Likes

Also unable to connect

Realm: Bigglesworth

1 Like

I also wouldn’t be shocked if this takes days to get resolved. It seems like there weren’t any DDoS’ when I was getting this error. Then all of a sudden around 5:30pm est I stop getting the error. 30 minutes later the DDoS’ are back. Then the DDoS’ stop and I start getting the error again.

1 Like

Same thing here. I got in briefly a few hours ago, but back to the error.

Realm: Bloodsail Buccaneers.

1 Like

I am sorry, but this is not being performed by a Kali system. It might have originated from one as a controller… but this is a botnet attack likely of Windows/Android/Mac/IoC devices. Also, all of the tools on Kali are also readily available on any distribution.

3 Likes

Absolutely those tools are available on other distributions. I’m just suggesting it may not have originated from windows-based machines. It could easily originate from a host of devices. Would never implement Kali as the one and only distro to use if you want to perform black hat operations. Also, could use any version of Linux including your own homebrew as a controller. So not…sure…why…we needed to clear up Kali…

1 Like

Can an admin please address this issue? At least a comment saying they are doing something about this =(

5 Likes

from the previous post, it comes across as if you/others are saying there a bunch of kali “bots” causing the attack instead of wording it in a way saying launched from a linux based os

Complete systemic purge of Lutris and all Libs did not solve the problem post re-install.

Manjaro 4.19 w/AUR packages.

1 Like

Can’t confirm a solution, but my attempted reinstall did through an error this time. My “esync” wasn’t set… What this means is beyond my own knowledge. However, the error had a simple guide and easy guide to setting it. From what I gleamed from this guide it appears that the esync limits the number of files your computer can have open at any given time. My defaulted to 4096… the guide suggested two hundred thousand and something (it said that was the new standard default for systemd, or something to that effect)… if you don’t hear back from me soon, you can assume that following this guide bricked my system, lol.

Realm: Stalagg
ISP: AT&T
Client: Lutris

Worked until today. Now I can’t connect to any server after logging in with no issues. “Netstat” run while trying to connect to the realm shows “syn_sent”, and it gets left hanging…Firewall behavior.

I would find it to be a real shame if Blizzard decides they don’t want our money…

2 Likes

Sorry for confusion everyone, I was just mentioning in previous post that the software available to stress test servers is included in Kali linux among others and would not be surprised if it originated from a linux-based system. For those that were confused please refer to my previous statement.

Also, Malrun thank you for update on purging and reinstall - that’s helpful to know saves me from doing it. Also, Shift, I hope your system isn’t bricked bud

1 Like