Linux support for wow

It can’t not be true until they do it.

No, it has the most security issues. Easy to hack

Actually linux is the most used os… 90% of servers… and everything from your smart fridge to your dishwasher…and the dod uses it in the sub fleet. …

Now can linux get viruses yep…but its harder to infect a linux machine then windows for the simple reason you have to give it permission to…any time you have to install a program you have to give it permission…just browseing on the net you cant get infected it just how linux works…

1 Like

Active directory uses Kerbos, which is very secure password management. You’re spewing typical Microsoft hatred Windows BAD - Linux GOOD propaganda.

Thats funny

That’s not how businesses work my dude.

And your the one complaining about people on this forum posting hatred on Microsoft and you doing the same with linux…pot meet kettle…

What have i wrote or anyone eles wrote thats Untrue or " Propaganda" unless your trolling…

1 Like

Also, most Windows personal PC’s are run with admin accounts, so why don’t you have 2 accounts, one for normal use, and one for installation, since a good security rule is to only use the admin one when its actually needed. If you’re still paranoid, the make a virtual Windows machine, backup that clean system image, and only allow the virtual machine internet access. After you’re done on the internet, restore the virtual machine with the clean image.

Read between the lines, just saying, but since I noticed that, you say I’m trolling? I wonder, do you study Greek phylosophy, since it seems that you like Hippocrates.

Windows is the same way, depending on ACL’s and permissions.

More work then has to be done…linux is actually more noob friendly then windows in that regard…my mom who is in her 80’s got a viurs just by opening and email…so i got sick of it installed mint most windows like linux distro imo…

And my phone calls asking me about windows is doing this windows is doing that…can i click this…

To nothing with mint and…she is happy with it of course she mainly Browses the Internet and checks email and prints stuff off…

1 Like

No its not…but ok

Your sainted mom did not follow the basic rule in security to not open something that they don’t know where its from.

Also, I’m liking PC matic’s malware protection simple because instead of blacklisting everything, and relying upon constant definitions updates, it whitelists what’s supposed to be on your system, which seems to make more sense.

And you dont have to worry about that in linux…hence its more noob and elderly friendly…in that regard…

We will have to agree to disagree have a nice morning

1 Like

Oh, so I can’t make an admin account, and an everyday account with only basic pivelages?

With each reply, you’re demonstrating you blatant Microsoft hatred, so there’s no further responses from me anymore. Good day.

I think chris is fair goes over pros and cons…

1 Like

Not actually true, the DX11 backend is multithreaded too. It’s just not as multithreaded as the DX12. This is an issue that OpenGL can’t solve in current form and Vulkan can… but vulkan support in drivers is… interesting at the moment.

This… a thousand times this. Non-blizz developer here. Linux is actually a royal pain to support for generic non-open source packages. You have to deal with the fact that the toolchain is woefully inconsistent. Patch distribution is… yeah completely all over the board. Users still expect things to “Just Work” even though they are on Gentoo with a completely absurd kernel config and default compile options that break bin compat. This goes on for awhile. Generally speaking when developing for linux you choose A distro and A version of that distro to support; anything else is madness.

This is why Blizz has generally taken the “If you want to we won’t penalize you” attitude towards linux. But they won’t support it either.

Driver support is absolute garbage on Linux in general particularly for higher end more modern hardware, if you want anything even slightly outside of the norm that the linux kernel team is using… good luck.

In my experience outside of the Debian and RHEL silos that sort of update issue is actually insanely common. Try running Arch or Gentoo for a month. MS has to support more configurations at their own cost than any other vendor on the planet, I’m willing to give them a little slack on that.

True, there is still a binary firmware blob unfortunately. That will never ever change sadly there are posts on Reddit from AMD driver team folks explaining the “whys”.

Unlikely, the main group of windows 7 users aren’t super technical, some may switch to ubunto or manjaro… but I’d say the vast majority will just keep running Win7 without updates until they buy new hardware.

Linux has bricked hardware to the point it takes a JTAG to revive it… that’s not exclusive to Windows. If anything it’s worse on Linux because you don’t get a warning from the OS that your BIOS is incompatible via a bluescreen… you just boot once, and then never again. My point being that it doesn’t matter who your vendor is, bad things can happen. Deleted files can be recovered, JTAG recovery is a LOT harder.

Not actually required on most distros anymore.

I do run Arch…Manjaro. I have had zero issues on updates. The only issue that I have had is when the new patch came out and slowed down fps pretty bad. That same day Wine released a patch themselves that fixed it.

Key word was “some” i did not say most or all

And I gave a qualified response :wink: