Linked Accounts Confusion

I’m not clear on this so I’m asking before I do it.

If I link two accounts, and one has not earned flying in any zone that requires it, has not unlocked any allied races, does not have access to heirlooms, but the other account does… does the “nope” account then get access to all of that?

If you’re referring to 2 separate battle.net accounts, there’s no such thing as “linking” them.

You could possibly move a WoW account from one battle.net to another, but there are restrictions in place for that too. The account that is moved leaves behind all account-bound items/pets/mounts/etc.

If you’re referring to 2 WoW accounts under the same battle.net, then they already share things like account-wide achievements like flying. But it sounds like you’re referring to 2 different battle.net accounts (different e-mail addresses).

3 Likes

Yes, under two separate emails and battlenet accounts, both are mine. So I can do it but the lesser account may lose some stuff? I’m fine with that honestly. I need to see how to go about doing that then.

You would need to speak with Billing. I’d recommend Live Chat which should open up in about 30 minutes or so:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/187/channels

3 Likes

TY! Will do.

3 Likes

They kind of are in a way. You can transfer toons too and from them, tickets are shared upon both, but you have to different emails and two different battle tags.

Linked accounts for WoW generally refer to Recruit-a-Friend accounts. Sometimes it refers to two WoW accounts under the same battlenet account because they share achievements, mounts, pets, titles, BoA items.

If the accounts are on different battlenet accounts they don’t share tickets.

3 Likes

No I have had it happen to where they do. I submitted it on this account and then I was logged onto an entirely different battle.net account and a GM talked to me on that account about the ticket I had submitted from this one.

It’s possible that they were able to do so if both accounts are registered in your name. But that doesn’t mean that they “share” tickets. It just means that the GM could see you logged into another account.

If you go to your ticket history on either account, you’ll see that they don’t share a history at all. Battle.net accounts are, for all intents and purposes, separate.

6 Likes

So I have 2 accounts under 1 battlenet account when my gf logs in as the 2nd account it puts me in offline mode are we able to play together?

You can get your account banned for sharing, I’d recommend her to get her own Bnet account.

So my 2nd account is pointless and I just wasted money upgrading it even though we live together

It was a recruit a friend account that got moved with my main account since they were linked so there both under the same battlenet

This part is fine. But your girlfriend is not allowed on your battle.net account or any of your WoW accounts. It’s considered account sharing and is indeed ground for closure.

Your girlfriend should start her own battle.net account under her own e-mail that only she has access to.

If the purchase was extremely recent, then you can ask for a refund so that you can use that money to upgrade an account just for your girlfriend.

5 Likes

We just bought it like an hour ago she’s still installing wow

Definitely follow the link for a refund then. The refund system might let you do it without even needing a ticket. That way you can start her on her own account and she can still use the RaF link too!

2 Likes

Ight I’ll get that going tix for the heads up guess my 2nd accounts just gonna be a back burner lol

1 Like

So glad this was a recent transaction! Make sure she does not log in to it and it will be easy to refund.

You really really would not want someone else on your Bnet anyway. Your Bnet holds:

• mounts, heirlooms, achievements, pets, etc.
  • One copy only of all other Blizzard games and progress.
  • Chat interface (Bnet chat is Bnet wide, not game license specific)
  • Login and security
  • Pet battles - only one person on the Bnet can do them at a time

So really, there are tons of drawbacks to letting someone on your Bnet account.

When she creates her Bnet, have her select an email she does not use for much else that won’t get phishing messages. One with secondary authentication like Gmail is ideal. Also look into setting up the Authenticator app so she does not have to risk an account compromise ever, even if she takes breaks.

Now she gets to have her own with her own license, all her own mounts, achievements, etc. And you can play together at the same time.

3 Likes

That’s definitely the right choice here :wink:

Trust me…I’ve been posting here for a long time now and I’ve seen plenty of times where sharing an account has not been a good idea for so many reasons! This way, she’ll have her own real id chat options, her own achievements…etc. etc.

Totally the best way to go :slight_smile:

Make sure she uses the Recruit a Friend link again too! That way you guys still get those perks.

1 Like

Usually, if you get logged off when a second wow license on a battle.net acccount is started, it’s because your launcher can only have one instance of itself logged in.

There is an option in the launcher to shut itself down when the game starts. The game then continues to run. I do this when running two or more accounts at once.