Light's hope chapel : GUARDS AREN'T HELPING IN PVP

Guards aren’t helping you when you are killed in PvP into the Light’s Hope Chapel

They were suppose to.

https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=16378/argent-sentry#english-comments

Patch 1.11 :

Light’s Hope Chapel has been revamped and is now a fully functional quest hub.

• A new mailbox has been added.
  • The chapel is now flagged as an inn.
  • A guard system is in place. <====
  • New vendors have been added.
3 Likes

Believe this is working as intended, guards used to not help you during vanilla. In a later patch they did defend

3 Likes

I’m using this as “reference” :

https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=16378/argent-sentry#english-comments

They are clearly saying that they are doing damage and have a charge

On WoW Cartographer it’s saying the same thing “guards will attack in PvP but won’t help when attacked by monsters”

Basically they should act like the goblin guards

1 Like

Sorry but you’re wrong. Just because you want them to attack doesnt mean they did or they should. Please do a basic amount of research before posting to the forums, thanks.

I wont give the lore reason they dont attack because i dont like spoiling stories for people on forums that werent expecting it. But there is a reason they dont attack. Theres a reason its a quest hub that both horde and allince use. Thats all i can say before i start spoiling lore that someone may want to read.

1 Like

Patch 1.11 :

Light’s Hope Chapel has been revamped and is now a fully functional quest hub.

• A new mailbox has been added.
  • The chapel is now flagged as an inn.
  • A guard system is in place.
  • New vendors have been added.

Yeah, so, they specifically said “A guard system is in place” just because they added guards that do nothing ?

Thanks man

6 Likes

“Basic research” lol. The action in that video is from 2005, so Patch 1.8 at the latest. (Reading the first ten words of the video submitter’s description would have told you that.)

Classic is Patch 1.12, so this sounds like a legit bug.

1.13 actually, custom patch with progressive features. They won’t attack until naxx

4 Likes

Hmmm. You’re right, it really isn’t complete Patch 1.12 because of the phased release. So the Patch 1.11 changes won’t occur until the release of Naxxramas, which 1.11 was back in vanilla.

Good call. Perhaps not a bug after all.

1 Like

“Don’t mess with 1.12 data”, from what i have seen they haven’t change any behavior of things prior 1.12 they just removed them to add them later.

Everything should be like in 1.12, no ? Maybe i’m wrong…

Maybe the guards are there incase anyone attacks the NPC’s

Blizz isn’t deploying 1.12 all at once. So things related to unreleased content wouldn’t be reasonably expected.

Even though it’s 1.12 they are leaving stuff out to make it feel like a progression system

i like how in the video the hunter is able to FD +trap and hes a clicker… no macros needed

1 Like

I was directed here by a GM to voice my thoughts as well.

I would certainly appreciate a system where the guards intervene like they do at Ratchet, for example. At the moment, it looks like they are just there to attack players who attack Argent Dawn NPCs. So for now I guess it’s safest bet to pre-emptively kill the other faction if they’re turning in a quest there so you can turn it in instead.

I wont give the lore reason they dont attack because i dont like spoiling stories for people on forums that werent expecting it. But there is a reason they dont attack. Theres a reason its a quest hub that both horde and allince use. Thats all i can say before i start spoiling lore that someone may want to read.

Please tell us what this lore reason is? I for one can’t fathom why the Argent Dawn would want their champions murdering each other instead of killing the Scourge. Why was the Argent Tourny in WotLK made into a sanctuary area?

Side note: wow that’s a cringe video with all that clicking

First of all, they DID attack in Vanilla past 1.11

Secondly, the mounted guards do indeed help and act as guards. The unmounted guards don’t do anything.

This seems like certainly a bug.

The guards actually do protect people. Just the horde though for some reason. They attack alliance players trying to defend themselves.

you sound incredibly pretentious and moronic. that is all.

So, guards are still doing nothing… Only mounted guards are.

The guards only will defend you if you are at friendly or higher reputation. If you are neutral or lower they will not. This was clarified by Blizzard a few days ago I believe.

2 Likes

Can you please give me the link ?