Lightforged Undead is ridiculous and lore breaking

Not to mention that the current concept, which is just speculation but should be talked about, is that they’ll go Alliance and give them undead paladins.

So that’s giving a horde race and concept to the Alliance and pretty much laughing at any true undead fans to give the Alliance yet another Mary-sue race with an extra class. It’s a cop-out and not noble at all.

True undead burn with the light and it takes a massive amount of willpower to command it due to the pain. Such use of magic is a noble sacrifice in it of itself. To put yourself through so much pain for what you believe in, regardless of intention, shows strength.

Yet, this terrible idea would just negate that entirely. Not to mention another layer! “If you don’t become redeemed, you’re damned”. So now it will be seen that any undead that doesn’t go through with the ritual is strictly evil. I like things not being seen in black-and-white. That members of the undead have a choice and can have morality too. But then, if they decline this… Nonsense, no doubt they’ll be shoved with the lable of evil, no matter how hard Blizzard tried to lie and paint the light as having an evil side too.

So. I know it isn’t confirmed by any means. But personally I never want to see these things added. They take any interesting undead lore and stomp it to bits in favor of a Mary-Sue for the Alliance, of whom just can’t ever be in the wrong, I guess.

But at this point, the story is so bad that I’m not even playing anymore. Not even roleplaying. This would be my final straw, as someone who care(d) about lore up until this horrible expansion.

1 Like