Lightforged Draenei Warlocks? Where's the Mechagnome Druids or Shamans?

Lightforged Draenei Warlocks just screams, “we give up, whatever might keep the sub money coming in”.

So, when can we expect Mechangnome Druids/Shamans and Forsaken Paladins/Druids/Shamans?

1 Like

And this didn’t?

Or Forsaken Holy and Disc Priests?

Whenever they get around to em n finish em.

2 Likes

They will probably do paladins next. The only work this requires from Blizzard is throwing Light glitter on an already existing mount frame.

Next they will do either Shaman, which will require racial totems, or DHs, which will require a new demon form for each race.

Druids will be absolutely last because this will require 5 unique animal forms (flying, ground, swimming, cat and bear). Maybe 6 if they give them something other than a Boomkin.

6 Likes

So because you lack the imagination to spin a LF warlock the rest of us shouldn’t have the option?

Thank god blizzard has some sense.

6 Likes

They become Lightforged to better fight the Legion. One of the racials literally increases your damage against demons.

This is like being an arsonist and a Firefighter.

3 Likes

Nah man. Blizzard lacks the imagination. They just put it in to shut people like you up until your zoomer brain decides to whine about something else you want.

2 Likes

I am so tired of players making statements about desperation from Blizzard when they do a change in favor of accessibility and opening up options. Why the constant drowning of negativity?

They already said a good while back that they’re heading in the direction of all races for all classes.

I’m a LF Draenei. After defeating the Legion and realizing the Legion wasn’t even the true big-bad out there, I ended up taking on the dark Fel Magics. I need to protect my loved ones, no matter the cost.

Why is that such a difficult RP for people to grasp.

7 Likes

Annnd? That makes for a very interesting character (development). I’m looking forward to seeing how others are gonna spin it.

It’s their game, their lore. Just because you’re inept of imagination and creativity like a plethora of people doesn’t mean others should be stunted.

I would imagine Mechagnome Druid and Shaman are coming down the line, Druid, Shaman and Paladin all require way more work to be opened for all races but I believe it will happen eventually especially as someone that has been asking for Warlocks for all races for a very long time and now that it’s happening I genuinely believe that every race will eventually get every class and since the only ones left are Druid, Shaman, Paladin and Demon Hunter I feel like of course those will come for every race that lacks them over time.

1 Like

So, be prepared for Dwarf Evokers in a couple years?

Because nobody knows your personal RP. How could they?

Some, not all, of the anger stems from Blizzard just going “here ya go!” I’m sure at least half, maybe most, people would have been happy with an explanation of why a Draenei Locks sprang into existence. The current lore is any eredar that used fel didn’t go with Velen. Would it really been that hard to give them a separate starter experience that didn’t involve them waking up on the crashed ship?

2 Likes

Maybe, I would never say never and I’d not be against that being added if Blizzard decides to go that way, more class and race options for all means we have more ways to represent ourselves in game.

1 Like

in 10.3 probs, it will be fun

eccept void elf pasldinos right???

the hypocrysy

1 Like

IDK, something about a forsaken paladin seems to resonate with me an acceptable contradiction compared to lightforged draenei warlocks. Same with like an undead druid. I can see the twisted fantasy logic in it.

I believe that lorewise the light is something that as long as the user truly believes in their cause they can call upon it, this is why the scarlet crusade has always been able to use it.

Fel magic doesn’t have that requirement, but you’d think someone giving in to dabbling with it would no longer be LIGHTforged.

I don’t really care enough, it’s not like I take WoW’s story or lore very seriously, but I definitely don’t agree with it. And glad they are releasing new combos, but IMO I think virtually every class should have one or two race exclusions rather than a free for all.

FYI lorewise all forsaken priests are shadow. At least that’s how they justified it initially, and any undead capable of csting a holy spell is said to experience pain as the light rejects their body.

Originally in Vanilla they weren’t going to let undead priests be anything but shadow, but for gameplay reasons they backtracked. They did the same thing with their racial status because they decided a race immune to sheep, sap, and fear was too OP.

1 Like

They’ve actually explained this.

It was said a while back that they envision Forsaken as ONLY Shadow Priests, but due to game mechanics, they cannot lock a race out of all specs in its class.

Their explanation of Holy and Disc priests is that it causes them pain to use Holy magic.

It’s not the best explanation, but at least they excuse it somehow.

LF Warlocks though? It’s just “F IT, WE GIVE UP”, let’s be honest.

1 Like

Druids take a LOT more work to do. Especially if they want to do it right.

Everyone expects Mechagnome Druids to have Mecha forms. Either Transformers, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, or Transmetals.

That will take work and time.

3 Likes

Because lore actually DOES matter, otherwise why write it when a game is created? If you’re just going to water down a story “down the road”, then don’t make lore in the first place.

If they are going to say “Draenei and Tauren abhor Fel Magic”, then they should stick with it and not cave to people saying “WE WANT MECHA DRUIDS!”

It’s getting ridiculous, frankly.

3 Likes

That and we have Calia now who is clearly a Priest and can use the Light.

1 Like

I’m for that. But you and others seem to not care about it making sense. Why is that hard to understand?

Yeah, this is pretty much an unabashed admission from the devs that they really just don’t give a damn about their own lore anymore.

Ironic that they’re being so bullheaded about giving every race to every class, after releasing the Dracthyr Evoker, which isn’t even a complete race.

1 Like