Lightforged Draenei Warlocks? Where's the Mechagnome Druids or Shamans?

Sure, but she was created a different way. At least that has a somewhat decent explanation.

At least they took the time to explain it.

All this new stuff, like “Rogues for everyone” is just throwing lore out the window for “reasons”.

2 Likes

This might be a mechanic issue, so I’ll give them a pass at the time frame. They might have to write new code that doesn’t even exist and make sure it works first.

Hmmm mechagnome bear tanks with mechanical paws. I want tank treads for the back legs though.

I’ve never said I’m against Void Elf Paladins, I said I wanted it to make sense lore wise but now I just don’t care, if you knew anything about me for real you’d know I’m pretty chill and pretty easy going about things.

1 Like

I think Lightforged are perfect as Warlocks… they are like a Disc Priest in a sense.

They have to balance the light with fel magic to not only destroy demons, but control them and use them to their will… If Priests can wield shadow magic and holy at the same time I don’t see why light forge can’t do it with holy, shadow, and fel. It just makes sense they can balance and control it all…

1 Like

I could see a “fallen lightforged” draenei and even a Forsaken Druid/Shaman (death is part of nature). I can’t see a Mechagnome druid/shaman because on a “biological” level their mechanical nature would interfere with the nature magic. I also can’t see a Forsaken paladin. To me a “forsaken paladin” would be a death knight.

But that’s just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

as i keep reminding people on post like this pallys shammys and druids are last on the list of class/race combos because that requires them to make new models for pally totems for shammy and shapeshift forms for druids. i do believe it will be in that order though pallys then shammy than druids since i feel like shapeshift forms are more work than totems.

Lothraxion is a Nathrazim, are infiltrators, they will infuse themselves with w/e element but they are always tied to the Shadowlands. He doesn’t even appear anywhere after the events of Legion, mysteriously vanished, which very much coincides to the “prophecy” for Sylvanas noticing the sword being plunged into Azeroth, Lothraxion was there SOLEY to make sure the events happened leading up to Shadowlands and he did his part. By the time we know what the Nathrazim are, its too late already. We just had thought they were demonic in origin or at least conscripted into The Legion.

Undead Priests aren’t stopped from touching The Light, it just sucks when The Light tries to ‘bring them back to life’ and start tasting and smelling their own rotting corpses. Its why being a Paladin sucks because it basically causes immense amount of pain, and why there’s only one account of a undead paladin existing but can be akin to Calia Menethil (Thus be a good introduction for undead paladins or in general light-risen undead. Don’t forget Necromancy is a art, not actually a form of magic, any magical force can use it, even The Light.)

That being said… It is VERY outlandish that these Demonic-stricken races like the Draenei, Night Elves, even Highmountain are able to be able to become Warlocks but thinking about it, some people state we’re not NPCs, we can be whoever we want. We aren’t strictly tied to culture or events. Only so long we’re not infused with a magical force, say…Void Elves for example, can’t be paladins or they’re just in for a explosive time. But then you have to talk about Lightforged, they’re infused as well but us Warlocks don’t actually use their own lifeforce, they use soul shards to fuel their abilities too, its why we aren’t driven by the powers of Fel, maybe tempted but not corrupted by it.

So, the keypoints being is Warlocks for all races is possible, just very unlikely to see them realistically in game as NPCs. If Blizzard went the extra mile and actually, you know, explain how this happened, it be FAR more acceptable than just being told “Lol, Class/race floodgates open!”

Back fires are a thing

My prediction is they just reuse existing models. If we are just doing it to appease players who don’t care about the lore/story just reuse existing assets.

Unique forms really aren’t a lore thing, it’s just something Blizzard has done in the past.

Not saying you’re wrong though.

Well, that will be useful if one of their demons tries to rebel :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Things like opening up classes to all races really shows who “thinks” they know lore but truly don’t.

For all whining about nelf warlocks…
You ever heard of this guy called illidan? Or his demon hunters that infuse themselves with demon blood and fel making a sacrifice to fight fire with fire? Do you not think this opens the doors to some nelf deciding “hey why not use warlock magic instead” ?

For all whining about Dreinei…
Many Dreinei literally joined the demons and became those red Dreinei demons you see or do you just disregard all of that’s existence? Whose to say some Dreinei didn’t decide that “hey let us use the power of the fel to stop and control demons so they can’t destroy us or our home again” and lightforged may have decided the light wasn’t enough! We need the power of the fel as well to crush the demons. Or maybe their light infusion helps them withstand falling to corruption when using warlock magics?

There’s so many in game things that explain or reason how this is possible… People need to wake up and think for a change. We are also powerful heroes , a cloth above the rest saving the world time and time again, it makes sense some of us stepped out of the ordinary to rise above.

As for Tauran…
Well simple illidan logic applies, a small few decided that the best way to stop the enemy was to use their own powers against them.

Gosh the arguments I see trying to say it makes no sense are ridiculous and absurd. A little thinking goes a long way.

1 Like

That sounds awesome, you literally create the problem you’re paid to fight. But what if you get caught. Or what if the fires you set solve problems firefighting can’t? Ooh, this is intriguing! Could even be an underground ring or deal, or an addiction you have to fight against to maintain face.

Uh, yeah, this sounds like an amazing concept.

There’s actually an even better justification than this.

In Cataclysm Tyrande allowed night elf mages to return. Those mages were Shen’dralar, which just spent thousands of years living off the power of a demon named Immol’thar. They even became addicted to his power.

The nelf starter zone is timelocked to the Cataclysm so it is not lore breaking to say that mages and warlocks escaped Dire Maul and went crawling to Tyrande for help.

You realize this exists right? It’s not uncommon for wilderness fire fighers to use controlled burns to create fire breaks to fight larger forest fires. Literally starting fires to stop other fires.

1 Like

Blizzard has literally said all the race/class combo sans evoker were being added. Obviously druids/paladins/shaman/demon hunters are bottom on that list due to the need for extra assets.

I suspect we will get them as part of the next expansion/as a feature of the next expansion.

my thinking exactly. OH! they could put the night-elves new home being grown as the lore reason there’s so many druids! :open_mouth:

…or atleast coincide it, so it’s a good coincidence. :slight_smile:

1 Like