LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

I predict a H etero megathread at some point soon. pS H etero is a banned word.

1 Like

I don’t need to answer, you answered it yourself here.

When one is attacked for who you love, you tend to rally around the fact that it’s ok to love that person. Thus sexuality.

My personal opinion is that the world has become hyper politicised because of political strategies targeting separation of tribes, then “owning” the largest tribe. Unintelligent and pretty disgusting way to do politics.

Has nothing to do with anything, you’re the type of man you need to be, as long as you’re comfortable with yourself.

The more people that know the hurt we’ve been through, the need for these places, the less people that will try to hurt me for who I am, therefore I’m being self serving :stuck_out_tongue: :blue_heart:

I don’t think this is true at all… again, I have no experience. Toxic masculinity surely impacts straight men as much, if not more, than myself. The age old trope of “Men makes money and works till his dead, woman cooks and cleans” is negative for men as well as women… though I’m digressing here. Either way, don’t underestimate the challenges you have/will face, they will come.

In the end, your argument ended in this discussion, along with us learning about each other. Mayhaps not such a bad thing that you stumbled in here, the Butterfly Effect being what it is. Thanks for actually taking in what I say, sometimes I don’t bother because they don’t listen. You were worth the energy.

1 Like

Both Lounge threads talk about WoW and not about WoW, at the same time. IDK why this one is getting the heat of “shouldn’t exist”, when the other lounge is just as guilty as this one. I see no difference other than this one has the words “LGBTQ+” in it, and the other one doesn’t. It’s just “lounge” which serves the same purpose as this one but isn’t so specific :woman_shrugging:

Cheers. Thank you. Was pretty heartbroken and started really arguing foolishly because of how upset I felt. Thanks.

1 Like

Butter fingers.

Can someone link the other one plz?

This one.

1 Like

That’s the thing right. It’s just a general discussion post that’s devoid of any kind of gender or sexual orientation. That was the point I was making before the person muted me. It’s just a discussion forum that’s all encompassing.

I dont mind people asking to be called whatever they want.
As long as they dont demand people say things it is their right to ask and generally a courtesy most people will comply with.

:rotating_light: Long post alert.:rotating_light:

People aren’t smearing you by pointing out your anti-LGBT+ behavior.

The purpose of this thread has been explained to you several times but it seems you are intentionally ignoring that.

You have been told repeatedly to mute the thread, reported, and go on your way and yet you continue and all the while playing victim because you were held accountable.

You came in accusing us of having superiority complexes. You were never interested in a normal or conversation. You were the really horrible person that decided to come in to our chill space and antagonize us for fun.

Do not get to play the victim. You are the abuser here and you have been since the beginning.

I mean your hatred of LGBT+ people was clear when you accused people who were talking about the new expansion of having superiority complexes just for chilling and minding our own business.

If you didn’t want to look bad you could not posted in the thread to begin with.

You came in here accusing a bunch of people who were just chilling and vibing of having superiority complexes. Then you have the audacity to call the people addressing that nonsense dumb, douchebags, scumbags, and blame them for what you brought upon yourself.

You reap what you sow. You planted bad seeds, and you got responses pointing that out. You’re not the victim here.

You started with aggression in the first place. If you didn’t want aggression in return you could have not accused people of having complexes, being bad people and douchebags for standing up to your nonsense, calling them scumbags, etc.

We don’t owe people you obedience or submission or silence in the face of your nonsense.

If you want this to stop, apologize, mute the thread, and move on.

Actually, I think it’s you that is the jerk, and that you accusing people of having superiority complex is this what caused the threat to spin out of control not me standing up to you and holding you accountable for what you said.

Holding you accountable for things you really wrote is not smearing. If you didn’t want the bad things you said thrown in your face then maybe you shouldn’t have posted them.

Oh you sweet summer child, I don’t think I’m fighting a war. I’m just amusing myself for the time being at your total nonsense. You’re incredibly funny with all your projection.

This is literally true. We just want to chill and vibe here, and we have plenty of cisgender and heterosexual friends that vibe with us and we have a good time until forum warriors come in here and make a fuss about us existing and start nonsense.

The purpose of this thread was explained to you several times. In English. By multiple posters. You have ignored them to keep whining about this.

You can make any kind of discussion thread you want so long as it doesn’t violate the code of conduct. For a while one of my alts had a cat thread. It started out one day when there were a lot of drama threads going on and no mods. So I made a thread that said the mods were asleep post some cats. And when the mods woke up I changed the name to cat thread or something. And the mods didn’t do anything to it they just left it there and for a couple of weeks we just had a cat thread on the forms and everybody seemed to enjoy it and post cats. Literally nobody cared.

I don’t see you in the regular mega thread complaining, I don’t see you in any of the customization mega threads complaining, but somehow LGBT+ is not okay. Golly gee gosh I wonder why that is.

Seconded. Definitely go make a thread on Pelagos.

Did you miss the intro post to the thread that explain what the thread was for because it covered all of this.

I mean, you came in here swinging and saying we had superiority complexes. That’s aggressive and invites an aggressive response.

Yes. Exactly.

As a cisgender heterosexual person you aren’t really cognizant of the importance of your gender identity and sexuality because you were raised with it normalized so being heterosexual and cisgender doesn’t take any thought or defense.

Are you pondering what I’m pondering Pinky?

I’m not at all triggered or even angry. I just enjoy slapping down nonsense.

Use heterosexual. It’s only the short forms that are banned.

People have started to heterosexual megathread three or four times now, it always gets deleted.

Every time it happens, they always copy the first post from this thread and change up the words as a form of mockery starting the whole thread off in bad faith.

It doesn’t get deleted because of the thread itself, it usually winds up getting deleted because people come into it and basically spew hate speech against LGBT+ people.

Hey pot, this is kettle.

3 Likes

Burden of proof is on me, so I did uncollapse their prior posts (since I put them on ignore) to find them for you:

I would constitute the general lounge thread to not be about WoW from time to time, the same way this thread can be.

1 Like

Sigh,
Indeed. There is no other LGBTQ±like discussion lounge for any other marginalized groups. So I did not understand why there was on for LGBTQ+ people.

But true. That was was the crux of the entire discussion before people like you and a few others just bullied the crap out of me. Was nice to have someone actually talk to me honestly and openly instead of treating me like I hate LGBTQ+ people.

I mean, they didn’t write anything malicious and I agree with who you posted.

Don’t engage anymore. Just walk away. I’m fixing to do the same.

I didn’t say malicious. I said stirring the pot and not being consistent with their stance. If this is truly about sticking with WoW where’s the hate on the other lounge thread? Why is it only this thread? Makes no sense.

'Cause BOTH threads are guilty of just being “general lounging” and not always talking about the game. Why is THIS the issue in regards to “not sticking with the game”? It makes NO sense!

3 Likes

I believe people should be free to be what they want as long as their freedom does not encroach upon someone else’s freedom.
Prob my last post in this thread as it has nothing to do with me or my life.
If they allow a straight only thread I guess I will post in that one. Shame on Blizzard though if they do not. Good Luck people.

1 Like

Why can’t we have a mage to take us to an Irish pub and we all respect and talk and drink together.

That would be the way.

Okay. I have laundry that needs putting away.

3 Likes

They wouldnt allow that and shouldnt. This isnt an LGBTQ+ only thread either.

Everytime someone does try starting up a straight megathread it just devolves into trolling and/or bigotry though.

2 Likes

I’d suggest staying in here an chilling, you don’t have to be LGBT+ to be here, just be chill. From your recent comments in here you seem pretty dope :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

How is discriminating against LGBTQ people not encroaching on their freedom?

4 Likes

I read it as him saying he doesn’t have an issue with LGBT people because it doesn’t encroach on his freedom. Happy to be corrected.

1 Like