LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

There are video game characters that enjoy eating candy as well. You have awfully points. Any other thread similar to this one by any other group of people or interest group would be removed. Immediately.

Don’t want to argue with you. Just pointing out how incredibly stupid this is and how yes, you’re getting special treatment compared to any other conversation that has nothing to do with WoW.

Yeah they do. Like I said we can agree to disagree at least. But this thread is here to stay. I would rather the forums not be flooded with LGBTQ threads that are created to incite arguments and trolls. Anyways I appreciate the discussion but I’m going play FF14 right now. See you later I’ll come back to continue the discussion if you want.

No worries. And its all good. I’m at work, and I really don’t want to get into an argument. It would be circular and meaningless anyway. We clearly completely disagree, and honestly its not worth either of our energy.

I hope you have a nice day.

1 Like

The non-LGBTQ+ lounge threads are still up, and I hardly ever see them get locked. IDK what you’re talking about.

Thank you I hope you have a good day at work and everything works out well.

This non-LGBTQ+ specific thread has been up for over a year and has WAY more responses to it, than this thread. So, again, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

EDIT: These threads are harmless.

Two stupid threads don’t make it right. The non-LGBTQ+ one is just as freaking stupid. Report that stupid nonsense. It’s just as dumb. It literally has nothing to do with World of Warcraft.

Imagine thinking someone who wants to chill with others who are likely to not treat them thinks they’re superior to cishets. Very odd.

What is odder is being a cishet and coming in to an LGBT+ space and accuse the people there if nonsense. Very odd indeed.

We don’t owe you anything. We’re just here vibing by ourselves talking about game stuff.

We intentionally isolate ourselves because of the nastiness seen in posts like the ones in this thread here. Keep in mind that the most vile ones were likely deleted.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/transphobia-in-the-wow-community/1223319/8

And I just wonder why you exhibit such an inferiority-complex that you think people who are just hanging out and vibing have a superiority-complex. It seems like you have a problem with your perception that you need to work on.

No one said there was?

If you don’t like it you can report it.

This is the kind of take only a privileged person would have.

Another privileged and uninformed opinion.

Why are you here?

That’s your opinion.

You should report this thread if you think it is breaking the rules then mute it.

No. You don’t. If you really loved us you would understand that this thread was created to keep trolls from making absurd fake LGBT+ spam threads with the intention of making the community lash out at us even more. A community that already lashes out against us, a community that spewed hate and bile when there was a trans woman or genderfluid person on the deep dive yesterday. They spewed that bile just for her existing.

Mute the thread and move on.

I’m afraid I can’t say the same to people who come into our space to tell us to hush.

I will not hush. I am here. I am queer. I kill bosses and loot gear which is a whole lot more than a level 41 night elf does.

4 Likes

I was merely countering your argument here:

And, the one I linked it’s about a group of people just wanting to chill and hangout with their fellow forum posters.

Then Mute them, and you won’t ever have to see them listed under the topics. Problem solved!

I find neither of these threads to be harmful nor impact the forums in a negative way, until somebody like you comes swinging in and tells us we should stop having fun. Just let people talk and have a good time!

This is all very fair. I’m just surprised threads that have nothing to do with WoW are allowed on WoW forums. Seems that people are using the forum to perpetuate their own desires rather than actually discussing the game.

Again, not my forum though and you rightly pointed out I can easily mute/report and move on. Although, I see absolutely no value to segregating people by their orientation or gender identity on a video game forum.

There is an insane amount of hate for straight people. It would instantly be reported and you know it. The hatred is particularly intense for straight white men. Lots of racist bigot heterophobes around unfortunately.

I don’t hate straight people. Again that’s not everyone.

1 Like

There’s always an exception to every rule.

To some to degree, some (not all) are, while others are not. And, even in these “lounge” threads, they do talk about the game, still.

I wish we had a senator armstrong character in WoW.

Listen, not my forum. Not my problem. If Blizzard thinks these kinds of chatrooms are helpful rather than harmful, they’ve got more data than me. Just wish they didn’t have to exist at all, but they clearly keep hate down based on their perspective. Otherwise, I don’t see why they exist since they have nothing to do with games.

This is where the Mute button comes in handy.

I’m not seeing that.

It’s (mostly) for frequent forum posters to go and chill and get away from all of the drama. Again, they still talk about the game.

why does anyone even care. is this a vidya game or a dating app?!

what’s your sexuality gonna do for me in game? absolutely nothing.

dont need to go full netflix it feels a bit forced sometimes :wink:

if you dont stand in fire and do your job youre golden in my book. nothing else matters.

If threads like this can exist that have nothing to do with WoW and are off topic then other threads should stay up.

I love hypocrisy.

Well, I guess my question is then – What is the value of these posts then since the entire General Discussion board is about exactly that? What does an LGBTQ+ or straight or non-binary or non-cis persons identity have to do with talking about WoW?

The entire general discussion is literally made up of people with very diverse backgrounds. Very diverse sexual-orientations. Very diverse gender identities. How does isolating these opinions add value, really?

Are you my doctor? My therapist? What makes you fit to diagnose me with anything when you don’t know me from Adam?

I know, being a trans man who doesn’t tolerate nonsense and speaks up in the face of it totally makes the community look horrendously bad.

Y’all only like people like me when we’re quiet, and submissive, and complicit, and don’t speak up and stand up to your nonsense.

I don’t give two fans of a peacock’s train if you think my standing up to your nonsense makes the community look bad.

No one was ever helped by being quiet and submissive in the face of nonsense, bigotry, and bad behavior.

If standing up to bigotry and nonsense makes me a douche then I am a mega douche and I’m proud of being a maga douche. In fact I’m going to make a mega douche pride flag right now.

2 Likes