LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

hehe beans… XD

I got some material ordered for that. I may get foam for the bottom so I don’t scratch it all up etc instead of using like vinyl or w/e for the bottom

1 Like

Part I hate most about it all is one the cost of 4+ yards of 1" foam

And hot glue burns …

For the bottom used some extra floor foam mats like what is at gyms.

I may be able to get it around here at lowes but I gotta look.

lol it does. OUCH OW THERE WAS GLUE THERE OW! XD

I’ve been looking for those but they are almost always out of stock around here for w/e reason!

Shed season is a great way to get out in the woods if you don’t have a tag or nothing is in season, but a lot of states prohibit actually collecting them, interestingly enough.

1 Like

Oh yeah some states are like “no no you can’t do that” and it’s like “uh… ok then” yet you can easily buy shed antlers online.

It’s wild. lol

Google Photos

This how the foam one turns out for digi legs

1 Like

Oh that turned out really good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah the DNR and Fish and Game can be real weird depending on your state.

1 Like

According to google, in KY it’s illegal BUT if you find them attached to the skull you can get a disposal permit it looks like.

god that’s so specific

1 Like

I know right? Yeah some states are like that. The antlers do help the ecosystem so I get it but it’s just very hard to manage.

Yeah the aforementioned departments have very specific criteria for what you can and can’t do in the woods. Limited hunting tags, bag limits, strict seasons, etc all designed to very carefully maintain wildlife and the ecosystem because we’ve irrevocably changed both. If these things weren’t carefully monitored and regulated our national forests and BLM land and such would be absolute chaos.

2 Likes

The what now? o-O

OH I googled it. I got confused for a moment I never heard it referred to like that.

Haha yeah. The Bureau of Land Management basically regulates and preserves the wild places still left in the country.

For folks like me, BLM lands are places we can shoot and do some dispersed camping without worrying about trespassing because it’s public land. And of course hunt and fish during the proper seasons with the proper permits.

1 Like

Yeah I do that a lot when ever I encounter Bureau of Land Management stuff.

Like “Black Lives Matter” land? Wat?

3 Likes

You knew exactly what I was thinking that’s why I was super confused. XD

2 Likes

And it all started with that madman Roosevelt. He’s a huge reason that we have so many acres of federally protected wilderness. He used his executive order authority to establish so many federally protected reserves that lobbyists from the lumber and cattle industries pressured Congress to strip him of his ability to do so, so a senator attached a clause to an agricultural bill to stop him from ever doing that again.

In response, right before he signed that bill into law, he established twenty one new forest reserves, and THEN signed the bill that stripped him of that power. Total gangster.

1 Like

Some years back (before COVID was a thing), I developed idiopathic parosmia (i.e. things randomly smelling or tasting acrid or rancid, for no reason that anyone could find) for a few months. So while that’s not quite the same: I definitely sympathize.

I actually kind of like it. If it’s fresh. And if it’s marinated first.

1 Like

Update cuz these help to type

Still very low energy. Can’t taste. But at least my head doesn’t feel like its slowly being crushed.

4 Likes
1 Like