LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

It needs to be said here, and apparently in bold type for people to read and understand.

There is no justifiable reason to come into this specific thread, and make light of a tragedy that targeted the same group that this thread is designed to give a good place for. NONE.

For the record, the immedately-following post, at the time of this edit, directly made fun of said event by referring to “taking shots.” A mass shooting, and the joke is “taking shots”?

5 Likes

Orlando is very supportive despite what the media says about Florida.

4 Likes

That is most excellent.

Most large cities are. In my experience its the vast swaths of country in between where things get kind of dicey.

2 Likes

It’s less Florida, more… the person it’s stuck with.

1 Like

man I want a doughnut now.

2 Likes

I mean they’re good so…

2 Likes

Doughnuts all around, we deserve them this morning

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate that this place still attracts drooling idiots who think being irreverent and edgy is a substitute for having a personality, but that’s the internet for you, I guess. Better to flag and move on. They’re miserable, and they don’t actually believe anything they’re saying. Not worth engaging with.

3 Likes

That’s why my list keeps growing.

It’s Trans Awareness week. I’d rather focus on that

6 Likes

I… find it hard to determine that they don’t even agree anymore… I’d actually argue that a number of them know full well the harm it causes people, and at some base level agree.

2 Likes

Put that person and their alts on ignore. Don’t feed the fool

1 Like

2 Likes

If they swap alts, ignore and report. This is sad and pathetic.

1 Like

I sometimes wonder what is wrong in someone’s life that they feel the need to look for attention in this sorta way, you know?

5 Likes

Don’t get baited, guys.

1 Like

This is… going hard now. I’m not usually an advocate of shutdown, but we might need a templock to clean up.

2 Likes

They have a baseline level disdain for the community that they’ve largely parroted from alt-right YouTubers, but they aren’t clever enough to manifest those beliefs beyond low-effort antagonism. You can’t explore any deeper than that, they have nothing going on beneath the surface. They’re superficial, one-note trolls with nothing going for them.

It’s reprehensible, but they aren’t here in good faith and won’t be moved over by appeals to humanity. It’s the lowest common denominator of bigotry, and as Gravedancer pointed out, there are better things to focus on. That’s all I mean.

2 Likes

TFW they realize they spent all day in an LGBT thread.

That’s like hating donuts and spending all day inside Krispy Kreme.

2 Likes

Use you ignire feature and flag

1 Like