LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

For those of you who can listen to a song on repeat for a long time, do you ever get anxious when you have to stop listening to that song?

I can listen to the same song on repeat for a really long time and I’ve had times where if I can’t listen to it anymore I get anxious. I’ve even had a panic attack once. I’m wondering if it’s part of my anxiety disorder or something else. My brother has autism and I think my dad might have it too. Ik there’s a genetic link so it makes me wonder about myself sometimes.

8 Likes

Yeah, I try not to have stuff on repeat if I don’t have my headphones because i get anxious about being annoying, but it is also hard to not have the music when I’m still full on hyperfocus mode.

4 Likes

I’ve had 3 mini pins over the years.

Snoopy (passed in 2011 at 18…gift from grandparents, he stayed behind with my sister when I went to college, I got him back in 2002 when I had a place I could have him at)

Peanut (2002-2016)

Rocky (2009-2018…I kicked one of my concrete steps and broke my toe the day he passed.)

I don’t have a mini pin now, just a bit of a mutt that needed a home.

Personally, I can’t listen to songs on repeat like that. What I listen to has to change or I get very agitated for some reason (and even with shows and stuff: I have a very small selection of films or shows—mostly films though—that I can watch again like once a year or every other year, but, otherwise, I can’t stand re-watching things…even stuff I like…I’m kind of weird :rofl:). When I get an ear worm repeating in my head, it is extremely frustrating for me (luckily, it doesn’t happen often, but for some reason about a week ago I woke up and my brain went straight to repeating a short section of the Facts of Life theme song, yet I’ve not even watched any of that show since it was first broadcast :melting_face:). I do find it a bit strange that I have this big aversion to re-watching things or listening to songs repeatedly (it’s got to be a couple of hours before I’m okay listening to a song again), since mental and physical repetition is at times helpful with my anxiety depending on my mental state. :dracthyr_shrug:

8 Likes

The only time repetition sucks in my head is if I’m going thru rebound insomnia. Ohhhhhhhhh that is a pain because even after like. 2 days of no sleep your brain is just mush and bubbling out the same thing just to save mental power.

4 Likes

I do not get anxious. I like the continuous rhythm / melody when I’m working, working out, or just generally doing other tasks.

I’m sorry that that occurs for you, though.

7 Likes

Was there anything good in there?

Marvel vs Capcom fighting collection.

1 Like

I’m looking at that now it looks pretty cool.

1 Like

It’s one of the seminal properties in the FGC which has defined the genetics of the “hyper” half of the fighting game genre.

metroid prime, mario party, marvel vs capcom 2 being freed from its shackles

watching maximilian dood react to that announcement was nutty considering he was one of the big guys in the “freemvc” movement a good while ago

5 Likes

I want to say something, but I’ll get banned… :sob:

Oh right and Stray is gonna be on the switch soon. So yay.

4 Likes

aww, shame it’s still gonna be sometime next year. Maybe they’ll put out the other two in the meantime

Me on my way to an event when I find out there’s a chocolate fountain and no guard telling you not to fill up the gallon bag you brought from home with the chocolate

8 Likes

Best news I have heard all day. My roomie and I are already hyped and dusting off our arcade controllers.

(Any game with Cable is a game I will play)

3 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa, how do you give me a list of what was good in there and leave out the classic Hello Kitty Island Adventure?

3 Likes

The madmen! They’re actually making it so that you play as Zelda in the Legend of Zelda

1 Like

wow only took what? 30 years
i must look in to this

2 Likes

Wait, you didn’t before?
What game have I been playing?

4 Likes